Reload this Page >

Crime Problem in Hawaii?

Search

Crime Problem in Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Skippy

Crime Problem in Hawaii?

I've been told that crime is way up in Hawaii over the past decade. What's McGarrett doing about it? Falling down on the job? Is DanO still number Two? Since Chin was murdered, has no one else not stepped up? Are Duke and Jay just second fiddles?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:25 AM
MoonDoggy

Where have you been, Skippy?

McGarrett's at the Betty Ford Clinic, DanO is suing for discrimination because Duke was promoted instead of him. Jay was found to be Chin's murderer and is doing hard time in the big house. Meanwhile, keep your convertible car windows down and take all your valuables and lock 'em in the trunk after you arrive at the beach parking lot, so the guys up in the palm trees can see exactly what you have. Got it?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Karen

We've been traveling to Hawaii annually for the past 14 years and have not found crime to be a problem. I'm not certain which islands you are contemplating, however, there is no more (probably far less) crime than in your own neighborhood. Just practice the same cautions you would anywhere like locking your vehicles, esp. if you have visible items in them and not leaving valuable items on the beach unattended, although we see people go in the water and leave cameras and other goods clearly visible. We have never experienced problems in Hawaii, however, we have not visited Oahu in a decade. It is a busy, populated city like any on the mainland.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Paul Rabe

Based on

www.disastercenter.com/crime/hicrime.htm

whoever told you that obviously doesn't know what s/he's talking about. I would ignore anything that person told you, as it's clear that person is totally out of touch with facts.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 12:21 PM
hula

The biggest crime on Kauai is that the bars close at 9 pm.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Melissa

Does no one out there realize this is a lame Hawaii 5-0 troll post?