Search

Coronado Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coronado Marriott

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Coronado Resort. We have reservations at the Marriot Marina Resort in San Diego. Was wondering, if I should change it to the Coronado. Any feedback, greatly appreciated.
Thank you....
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM

A friend and I stayed at the Marriott Coronado a couple years ago and really liked it. I have not been to the Marriott Marina though, so I can't compare the two.

The Marriott Coronado is in a really nice location. It is on the harbor side of Coronado, so you have great views of downtown. The pool is right on the edge of the harbor, which is nice and there are lots of ponds with fish throughout the grounds. Our room was really comfortable and we had a really nice-sized balcony, definitely big enough to really relax on, have drinks and a picnic, etc. There is a walking path along the water between the hotel and a the business district.
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 05:16 PM

I've stayed at both and really liked the Coronado location.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Thak you for input. We are staying there.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 05:05 PM

Stephanie,
I have stayed at both various times. It depends on what you are "wanting" the Marriott Marina is close to the gaslamp area, seaport village, the Padre Stadium... the Coranado one is across the harbor and was a Le Meridan years ago - so the rooms are imo a little larger (dressing area/bathrooms) You can take the water ferry across to downtown - not sure how late the run or how cold it would be a night (even in the summer).
It really depends on what you want to do while you stay... either are nice imo.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 06:06 PM

The Marriott Marina is very nice. It is very convenient to the downtown attractions. The pool area has a kind of tropical feel to it.
I would definitley stay there again!
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 06:59 PM

I have stayed at the Coronado Marriot several times, the last about a year ago. We liked the location, you can take a water taxi to downtown San Diego. It was getting kind of shabby but I just checked reviews on either Trip Advisor or Expedia, can't remember, and they just finished an overhaul and the reviews were very good.
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 04:07 PM
DAX

I have stayed at both. The San Diego Marriott is a typical convention hotel though with a great looking pool area (double pool with waterfall). The one is Coronado used to be very nice with a larger pool area, however based on location I would still choose the San Diego Marriott. I went to college in San Diego so I'm very familiar with all the tourist attractions. For me coronado island location is too isolated, you can't walk to places. Sure you can drive across the bridge or ferry, but that's not convenient. The trolley stops in front of the San Diego one. We actually prefer the Grand Hyatt rooms next door.
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 04:17 PM
TahitiTams

I like both locations..Coronado in the summer is paradise..and you can take the water taxi to and from the Gaslamp/Seaport village..picks up at the dock of the Coronado Marriott.
Make sure you can get your room before you cancel.
Have fun..the weather at the beach is around 80 degrees!

sdhe.com