Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Sleep Inn

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2008, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know these are all owned by Choice Hotel, but can anyone tell me what is the level of each one? Is Comfort Inn the highest quality/level of the three listed?

Thanks.
Deb
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 03:54 PM

No, honey, the highest level would be the Quality Inn.

It would be from high to low: Quality, Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn. Comfort Suites would be a notch above Comfort Inn.

We have often stayed at the Comfort Suites on our driving trips. Many of these are new hotels, a king bed with a sofa pull-out. Nice furnishings.

Sometimes they have a medal of some sort next to their name on the booking page, like an award from the home ofice. We have found the Gold Medal properties very comfortable.

In the summertime, the Choice Hotels website usually has a special. If you stay 2 separate stays, you get a third free for future use.

Also, if you (probably not) or your husband are AARP members, click on the special programs for very good rates.

So, where are you going this time? You lucky gal, you! Nothing can top that resort you just visited!
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 04:01 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
I think the levels are based on the way you listed them with Comfort being the highest.

The Choice Hotels do have a wide variation in the quality/ cleanliness of the rooms, in my personal experience.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 04:02 PM

IMHO these three motel chains are named after what you won't get much of when you stay at them.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 04:16 PM

It goes Quality Inn, Comfort Suites, Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn but we don't stay at Quality Inns anymore. They are usually older and not as nice. Sleep Inn Suites are usually new and much better. There is a wide range in quality and comfort no matter which one you stay in. Comfort Suites and Comfort Inn usually have a complimentary extended breakfast with Sleep Inn having continental breakfast. Quality Inns usually have a restaurant.

If you are a senior you can get better rates by calling than on the internet. When you call there are two senior rates--over 50 and over 60. The internet has one rate--over 50.

You can use the Choice Hotels points for free rooms or for frequent flyer miles on various airlines.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Nothing grand swiss. In Albuquerque, just for the night before our flight to San Francisco in March, as we won't be staying with family this time.

I think they may have a deal where you stay a night and then can leave your car in their lot for up to 2 weeks. Not sure how safe an idea it is - either for the quality of room and/or safety of car.
Deb
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM

I stayed in the Alb Airport Comfort Inn after a late night incoming flight (before a drive to Durango the next day) and it was just fine. It WAS a few years ago though.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 05:18 PM

Deb, I like to use the hotel reviews from Google maps.
Create a google map of Alb. and then search for airport hotels (using search for businesses option).

The hotels pop up and many have user reviews which you can read.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks starrs, what a good idea! Imagine my surprise to find my own review for the Marriott Courtyard from tripadvisor from last year!!

I have ressies there for March, but was interested in this stay a night and park for trip thing.
Deb