Search

College Spring Break Trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
College Spring Break Trip

Hi,

We need some help looking for a hotel for 3/29-4/2 in NYC. I tired looking for places to stay at Super8 and Ramada, and we have been unsuccessful for two double beds, they seem to not have any avaliable. =/ The are 4 of us travling to NYC for our spring break, and we are on a buget. We are looking to spend around 150 per/night for double beds. Please help us out on any deals for hotels. Thanks!=)
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 08:52 AM

Do a search of this forum -- budget NYC hotels is a very frequent topic. You'll find tons of info.

Good Luck & Enjoy NYC!

(For nightlife info, I suggest www.sheckys.com)

Old Mar 9th, 2005, 09:15 AM

I agree, do a search for NYC hotel, New York hotel, etc.

But also consider going low budget on priceline. You may not have any luck, but doing some searching at www.biddingfortravel.com and www.betterbidding.com could help you decide which areas and star levels to bid. You might be able to find 2 rooms for under $75 each. Note that on priceline, and especially in NYC, you cannot be guaranteed 2 beds, so do not try bidding for just one room in the hopes of getting 2 beds.

There was another post here recently also about low cost options in NYC and a hostel was mentioned. Worth trying to find that post as well.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 02:52 PM

The Herald Square is a real budget hotel. Check reviews on tripadvisor. Another to try is the Union Square Inn.

If you want to increase your budget a bit (and breakfast is included) try the Beekman Towers for this special they're running.

Sisters in the City

Originally built in 1929 to provide housing for college sorority women in New York, the landmark Beekman Tower Hotel is celebrating its Panhellenic roots by offering the Sisters in the City package. The package is valid through August 31, 2005 from $189 for a studio suite and $209 for a one-bedroom suite. Rates include a spacious suite, daily continental breakfast, and a "welcome cocktail" at Top of the Tower. One complimentary Hospitality Suite with each group of 10 or more rooms. For more information or reservations, please call 1-866-246-2203.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 04:28 PM

Most hotels in NYC do not have the double/double configuration - the rooms are just way too small - but either one double bed or two singles. I think the Priceline (2 rooms) idea - or perhaps a hostel is the best bet.

The Affinia group of hotels is all suites - and would be big enought for four - but they are in the moderate range - and I doubt would have anything for as little as $150. You might want to double check the web site for specials though.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input! I am trying to bid w/ priceline, but there is no luck w/ that, but if everything else fails, we might stay at a hostel. I will check out the other hotels. Thanks again! =)
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 08:00 PM

Go to http://newyork.craigslist.org/ and click on "sublets." There are often very nice apartments in great areas being sublet for a few days or a week. Less expensive and nicer than a budget hotel.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 09:20 AM

Hey Sobe, my friends and I are going to NY the same time as you and we've had the same problem. There are 4 of us as well and we couldn't find ANYTHING with two double beds. We had to settle on the Marriott Eastide with one king bed and a sofa bed, for like 260 a night. I hope you have better luck!
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 11:34 AM

I just booked at the Belvedere (on West 48th near Times Sq) with two double beds guarenteed for $159 night on Expedia. Remember taxes are high so our final price was around $189.

I checked it out on Trip Advisor and all the reports were good. But it is a budget hotel so you have to realize what you will get.

It was difficult to find 2 double beds, especially on the bidding sites. I didn't risk it because I'm traveling with my 12 year old and my mother so we need one room.

Good luck.