Cocoa Beach/Space Coast Vacation in November

Old Aug 30th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cocoa Beach/Space Coast Vacation in November

Is it worth vacationing for one week in Cocoa Beach in November? We have friends in Merritt Island that we are looking to hook up with. Will it be warm enough to sunbath on the beach? Or, if not Cocoa Beach, are their other towns in the area that are worth looking into to vacation in?
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM

Although weather can be variable in November, you should have beach weather in the afternoons. The ocean may not be swimming temps. Be sure to select a hotel with a heated pool.

Cocoa is 45 minutes from all the Orlando attractions. When you add Orlando days to the beach trip you should be fine for a week. You can always split the week between Cocoa and Orlando.
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 09:00 AM

My wife and I stayed in Cocoa Beach at Thanksgiving week. We found the residents of the area to be very friendly and there was a lot to see and do around the area. The weather can be variable, but there were plenty of people on the beach. The Kennedy Space Center was awesome, if you are interested in that sort of thing.
We have considered retiring in the area, that's how much we were impressed by it.
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 10:10 AM

mersingary, "We found the residents of the area to be very friendly." Why thank you! We like visitors in Cocoa Beach!

CorinneZ, stumpworks is absolutely right about the weather; the beach can be lovely on November afternoons.
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 01:31 PM
nlg

Cocoa Beach should be great in November. We were there last year in October and it was still hot. November is really my favorite month in Florida. We really liked Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty-we ate several meals there.