Cliffrose Inn- at Zion

Search

Cliffrose Inn- at Zion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cliffrose Inn- at Zion

My husband and I have booked a room at the Cliffrose Lodge. Their site says they are walking distance to the entrance of Zion Park. I looked at google Earth and really don't see much near the entrance. Does anyone know how far from the entance the Cliffrose Lodge is? The Best Western in Zion also has rooms, 30-40 $$ cheaper than Cliffrose Lodge. Any thoughts, is the Lodge worth the extra money????
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM

I believe the Cliffrose is the closest hotel to the entrance. No cars are allowed in the park. You will have a short distance to walk to the shuttle stop at the Visitor's Center. We have never stayed at the Cliffrose. We had a very nice large comfortable room at the Best Western once. It is at the other end of town. You would either take the free shuttle from the hotel to the Visitor Center to catch the park shuttle, or drive your car to the VC, try to find a parking place, and then catch the park shuttle. It's really a matter of preference.
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 04:55 PM

I actually think it's better to be close to the shuttle stop than the entrance but yes, Clifrose is the closest.
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM

When I went to Zion in September, I stayed at Flanigan's, and it is about a 10- to 15-minute walk from the park. Cliffrose is about halfway between Flanigan's and the park entrance. So I'd say very convenient. It's definitely the closest hotel to the park entrance.

The Best Western, which is just a regular motel and it's about as far away from the park entrance as you can get and still be in Springdale. I'd choose the Cliffrose, which has a lot more atmosphere as well. No question.
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Original Poster

Does this lodge have a shuttle stop..or is it too close to have one?
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 08:17 AM

Hi Allison,

If the shuttle doesn't stop directly in front of the Cliffrose, then there would be a stop pretty nearby. It really wouldn't be a long walk to the Visitor's Center from there.

I've never stayed at the Cliffrose, but it's a nice property. Lovely gardens.

The BW is OK for a typical motel, with a pretty nice pool area and nice lawns on the river side.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 08:32 AM
OO

I've stayed there, but we were there in Nov and could drive in and around. It's a nice place, with lovely grounds. Be sure to walk down to the Virgin River, behind the Inn. Very pretty.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your responses...can't wait to go!!