Cirque du Soleil

Apr 27th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Cirque du Soleil

I will be in Las Vegas in late May and was wondering which Cirque du Soleil was the best one to see if I could only see one.

I see that there are zumanity, O, Love, LeReve, Ka.

Thanks,
Apr 27th, 2009, 05:37 AM

LeReve is not a Cirque show but is supposedly very good.

IMHO, the best Cirque shows are O and Mystere.
Apr 27th, 2009, 08:02 AM

I've only seen O and Mystere in LV; both are incredible, but O stands out as a unique CduS experience.
Apr 27th, 2009, 09:48 AM

So far I have seen Mystere, O and LeReve. I agree that O is really unique and I enjoyed it the most out of the shows I've seen in Vegas.

Right now is a good time to find discounts on show tickets - I see a lot of 25% off and/or seat upgrade promos for the various Cirque shows going on. I was able to grab tickets to see Ka in a couple of weeks at about 40% off.
Apr 27th, 2009, 11:31 AM

If you were a beatles fan, LOVE is fantastic. I really enjoyed it.
Apr 27th, 2009, 01:00 PM

I also enjoyed Love. We got great deals on our tickets at a Tix4Tonight box office. I think there are six locations in Vegas, including at least one downtown.
Apr 27th, 2009, 02:09 PM

Aaaah... Cirque shows in Las Vegas... I've had the opportunity to see most (all?) except Zumanity (personal choice) and here's my ranking:

1. O
2. Le Reve (not true cirque but lovely)
3. LOVE
4. Ka
5. Mystere

O and Le Reve make the top of my list because of the water stage - it adds a whole new element of athletic feats and dynamics. I firmly believe the Le Reve theater is one of the best in town, adding to my ranking. The seats are large and cushy and the round auditorium basically guarantees there are no bad seats. LOVE was wonderful and I'm not even a Beatles fan. The show cleverly melds Cirque elements with the music and keeps you on the edge of your seat with more modern elements mixed with traditional cirque parts.

Ka has an interesting stage configuration as well, but it was not as exciting as the previously listed shows. There are some interesting elements like batons and "wheel runners" and I would definitely see it again. I just didn't like it at much. Last, but not least, Mystere is a more traditional Cirque with awesome acrobat and strength feats. As a caveat to my ranking, it has been a few years since my last Mystere experience, but I just don't remember being as captivated as when I saw O or LOVE.

Most shows (with O being the exception) probably have good discounts. Even with Vegas being in a slump O tickets may still be hard to come by so if there is a deal on them, it would be my first recommendation.
Apr 27th, 2009, 02:21 PM

No question, no doubt, no hesitation "O"
May 1st, 2009, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all the replys. I also was wondering when you attend the O performence if balcony seats were ok.

Does anyone know where to get discount tickets for O before we get there.

Thanks again.
May 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM

FYI -- the choreographer who did all the Cirque shows in Vegas (Dragone) also choreographed Le Reve when he left Cirque to work for Wynn. The theater/seating & the show are great (& I am not a big CDS fan).
May 4th, 2009, 11:47 AM

lacajun,

If you go to smartervegas.com, there is a link to a promo for 25% off O tickets through the end of May.

Through smartervegas.com I was able to take advantage of a Travelzoo promo and received 40% off on Ka tickets for next week.
May 5th, 2009, 02:43 PM

I have seen KA, O and Mystere and I think they are all worth seeing. KA was my favorite. You can find some discounts to some of the shows: http://www.vegasdealsdirect.com/category/shows/
May 8th, 2009, 02:48 PM

lacajun-
I've seen O twice from the balcony and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are center in the first 3 rows you'll be fine in those seats.