Christmas decorations. Where is this house?

Nov 25th, 2005, 05:35 AM
kp
Original Poster

Christmas decorations. Where is this house?

Does anyone know where this home is located? And/or the name of the song?

http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv
Nov 25th, 2005, 06:18 AM

Not sure of where the house is located but the music is The Transiberian Orchestra - wizards in winter Off "The Lost Christmas Eve"
Nov 25th, 2005, 06:51 AM

that is "my" house! Just joking...of course! That is spectacular, thanks for sharing!!
Nov 25th, 2005, 06:53 AM

I googled it and found that Carson Williams from Mason Ohio used 88 Light-O-Rama channels to control his 16,000 christmas lights. It doesn't say where in Ohio its located.

Nov 25th, 2005, 10:30 AM
kp
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. These decorations really are remarkable. I have a hard enough time putting up our pre-lit tree!
Nov 25th, 2005, 12:31 PM

If you like the music you should really check out more of their stuff. It all pretty cool. The Tran-siberian Orchestra.
Nov 26th, 2005, 09:51 AM

I'll bet his neighbors love him. Not
Nov 26th, 2005, 09:56 AM

Mason Ohio is just a bit north of Cincinnati. You could Google map it
Nov 26th, 2005, 01:53 PM

Now that was fun!
Nov 26th, 2005, 02:23 PM

trippy
Nov 27th, 2005, 08:40 AM

If you have a dial-up modem beware. I got the music uploaded in about 20 minutes but after about an hour and a half I still didn't get the video uploaded. Loved the music. Cranked it up and got down!
Nov 27th, 2005, 09:20 AM
kp
Original Poster

This site loaded faster on my computer--hope it works for you!
http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
Nov 27th, 2005, 05:13 PM
maj

We just went to see this house. Yes it is in Mason, Ohio. I thought we were probably going on a wild goose chase since I haven't heard anything about this house except through an email I got -- and it didn't say where it was. (Thanks No name -- it was easy to find once I knew who owned the house).

The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. There are more lights on it in person than you can see in the picture. And it is more colorful. Very impressive!! He plays music through an FM station that you tune into in your car -- you can't hear the music otherwise -- therefore the neighbors aren't bothered by the noise. Some were Christmas songs -- and the lights went along with the music. He played God Bless the USA which was great and ended with the one you heard.

It is on a very short dead end street in a subdivision. I can't even begin to imagine what that street is going to be like when the word gets out and it gets closer to Christmas.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 08:14 AM
mms

Very cool to hear what it is like in person, thanks!

I would hate to be their neighbors though. And to think that I thought our neighbors were bad!

I just saw the TSO the other night, and wow, what a show!!!

Dec 7th, 2005, 09:04 AM
maj

If anyone is interested (or planning on doing this themselves), he had to shut it down yesterday because they were afraid any fire or police vehicles wouldn't be able to get through due to the traffic jams it was causing. He was interviewed on the today show and a transcript of that and a radio interview he did is on Snopes.com.
Dec 7th, 2005, 10:40 AM

I live just minutes away from Mason and wanted to go see it (I saw it on the Today Show as well). Funny thing is, about an hour after I saw it on TV our entire area lost power (there was no bad weather around). The company I work for has an office in Mason and the entire facility lost power - shut down our email all morning. Anyway, I hope he gets it going again soon. I showed it to my kids on tv and told them we'd have to go find it. Maj, care to share the address?
Dec 7th, 2005, 01:53 PM
maj

I-71 North exit 19 (Mason-Montgomery/Fields Ertel exit)

turn left onto Mason

turn left onto Socialville Foster Rd.

turn right onto Simpson Creek Way (into subdivision)

turn right onto Meadowview

turn right onto Winding Creek Ct.

Carson Williams
8047 Winding Creek Ct.

It was on the evening news here the day before yesterday -- I wonder if that caused the traffic to increase. I know some people that were looking forward to seeing it this weekend. Hopefully he will be able to start it up again. His house is in the middle of a very short dead end street. Hope you get to see it. There were two small children in the house right across from his who were spellbound watching it from their window.

Dec 7th, 2005, 02:50 PM

My husband sent me this link the other day. We do 16,000 lights annually for the square where we live on our island and are often written up in the newspaper for surrounding islands for the same. DH suggested we try to do something similar to this and although it's beautiful, my response was, "thinking about the logistics alone gives me a headache." I wonder how in the world they did it? It is really amazing!
Dec 7th, 2005, 03:23 PM
maj

Listen to his interviews. He said he got a software package for it (or the idea) from Planet Christmas.com.

I got this from Snopes.com.

http://www.wonderlandchristmas.com/wizardsofwinter.php

He made it sound like it wasn't that difficult -- of course he is a computer engineer.