Christmas '09 vacation

Search

Christmas '09 vacation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas '09 vacation

We are a famly of 8 adults. We would like to rent a "villa" or house for all of us for a week over Christmas '09 - somewhere VERY WARM and not too expensive to travel to from the midwest. Please give us some suggestions - we are wide open to ideas and have a year to plan!! Thanks.
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 02:53 PM

Within the US only? If so you might want to check out the Gulf side of Florida.

I am not sure what your idea of very warm and not too expensive is however danen.

Perhaps the degree of heat you are looking for and your budget regarding what you want to spend for a rental and airfare (assume you will be travelling by air) will help Fodorite's give you some good ideas.

If going outside of the US appeals to you the first place that comes to mind is PV Mexico.

But again with more information I am sure you will receive some wonderful suggestions. Best regards.

Old Dec 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM

If you're willing to travel outside the US, consider Cozumel, Mexico. My parents and I just came back last night from a week in Cozumel. Rented a condo at Nah Ha from At Home in Cozumel, and it was absolutely gorgeous. Rented a car and explored the island. Couldn't get over how gorgeous the island was, how friendly the people were, and how great (and CHEAP) the food was (example: at one of the "nicer" restaurants, Kinta, we had 2 mixed drinks, 3 bottled waters, 1 appetizer, 3 entrees, 2 desserts and 1 dessert coffee for $78USD before tip). Food, activities and a rental car were less than half of what we spent in Hawaii over Thanksgiving this year.
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

To be more specific--we do not need to limit to USA, but airfare may be more affordable. We would like to be somewhere with a temp in the 80's. First to mind would be the BVI's or Costa Rica. Thanks.
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM

At Christmas you're going to have trouble finding places in the US with temps in the 80's guaranteed. Perhaps far southern FL - but can't think of anyplace else.
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 04:28 PM

I think your best best would be the Riviera Maya area of Mexico. There are plenty of condos and there are all different levels of prices.

The food and activities costs in Mexico are much less than they are in the Caribbean.
Old Dec 28th, 2008, 07:15 PM

Check out Buena Vista Villas in Manuel Antonio Costa Rica.

We also loved St. John. I'm sure you could find something nice there.