Search

Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Amparo

Chicago

1st time in Chicago have 2nights suggestions on hotels and what we must do. And where we must eat. And how do we get from airport to city

Thanks
Amparo

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Don

Ummmmmmmmmm....need some additional info.
My opinion?
Get a penthouse suite at the Four Seasons or Peninsula, reserve a window table at Everest, retain a limo to drive you up and down the Mag Mile and around to the Aquarium, Art Institute and to a show in the evening.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 06:24 PM
deb

You can't go to Chicago without having the famous pizza!

Giordano's, Bacino's, and Eduardo's are my fav. I personally do not like Uno or Due or Gino's East.

As for getting from the airport to the city, you can take public transportation from either airport quite easily. The Orange Line from Midway and the Blue Line from O'Hare.

If you give us more ideas of what you would like to do (types of activities) and how much you are willing to spend, I'm sure we can give you more suggestions.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Melissa

Here's a website for you to check out. Seems to have some pretty good hotel deals. www.877chicago.com

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:19 AM
johnny

Amparo,

Please give a few more specifics.

People on this forum seem to give very good advice, but......

1. Price guideline and area for hotel

2. What do you have in mind for doing - sports, museums, arts, sightseeing, etc.

3. Restaurants - inexpensive, trendy but overpriced, local hangouts.......

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Frank

Amparo,
Here's a couple of great restaurants: Italian: Maggiano's on Clark St.; Mexican: Adobo on Wells Street; Spanish: Cafe Iberico on LaSalle St.; They are all a short cab ride from anywhere downtown. There's tons more of course.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 07:42 PM
jo

Don gave you some expensive advice.Berghoff's on Adams near the Arat Inst. has good food and is reasonable. You can walk up and down the Mag mile. Navy Pier has entertainment. There's afree trolley that runs up and down Michigan Ave. and conductor can tell you how to get to Navy Pier.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Dan

I think that was Don's intent. The original post wasn't very clear as to budget, etc.

For a good mid-range choice, I like the Intercontinental (specials often can be booked online at their site, intercontinental.com) or via Priceline. I've stayed at Swissotel, Westin and Omni for under $100 during busy weekends and loved each one.