Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

MDW or ORD, which is easier to get to N. Michigan Avenue in Chicago via public transportation?

MDW or ORD, which is easier to get to N. Michigan Avenue in Chicago via public transportation?

Jul 20th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Well, I did a search and couldn't find the answer, although I'm certain this has been discussed previously.

I will be flying into Chicago on a Thursday evening or Friday morning. Will be staying downtown on N. Michigan Avenue. I will not be renting a car so I was wondering which airport would be most convenient for taking mass transportation.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jul 20th, 2003, 12:51 PM

It's pretty straightforward from either airport. Take the Blue Line from O'Hare or the Orange Line from Midway. The trip from Midway is a little shorter (30 vs 45 minutes maybe). I've done both and think Midway is a little easier to navigate and I can usually get a cheap flight on Southwest.

The CTA website has a really good trip planner at: http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/.
The hotel you're staying in on Mich. Ave might dictate which would be the better choice.