Cheesy Question about NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2003, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes this is cheesy and superficial I already know, but I'll ask anyway. In NYC where are the best spots to see celebrities? Okay I asked, just curious.
Also it is my first time going to the "big apple", I am going in a few weeks. Any good Jazz clubs? (I am staying midtown west.)
Also love the art of Edward Hopper and really enjoy quaint little shops and cozy cafes. Just looking for idea, thanks!!!
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:55 AM
E

Nobu and Nobu Next Door often attract celebs, although I failed to spot any when I was there. I did just read that J Lo and Ben were at Nobu Next Door last weekend. I hope you're happy, queenbee, I've just outed myself as a celebrity-obsessed cheesehead!
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for being brave enough to out yourself "E"! I will check out Nobu,where is it located?
I am a Minnesota neighbor!!!Take care!!
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:08 AM
al

Here are 2 surefire ways to see celebrities -- and neither will cost you a thing!!

1. Find out who's going to be on Saturday Night Live. If you're interested, go stand on the SOUTH SIDE entrance of the GE Building (whatever street that is, 48th, 47th) at 1:00 a.m. and watch everybody come out. You'll get real close and can even chat up a few people.

2. Ditto with Dave Letterman. Find out what time he tapes (it's around 5:00, 5:30, I think) and then go hang out by the stage door on 53rd Street when the show is over.

Star sightings guaranteed or your money back.
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:10 AM

I always see celebs when I'm not expecting to, like in the supermarket, or just walking down the street. Just keep your eyes open! And sometimes it's hard NOT to see someone from one of the 3 Law & Order TV shows,as they film all over the city.
As far as one of your other requests, if you're a Hopper fan, the place to go is the Whitney Museum as they have the biggest collection around of his work. I don't know how much is on display at any given time, but I believe that they actully received many works directly from him or his estate. If you're a really big fan, take a day trip out of the city to Nyack, NY , a quaint town with lots of restaurants and antiques shops about 20 miles north of the city to see his childhood home which is now an art gallery
http://www.edwardhopperhouseartcenter.org
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you, good info. I am getting excited to go!!!
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:27 AM
GoTravel

Walk up 7th Avenue around 6PM-ish and you can see the Broadway stars on their way to work. I've seen Nathan Lane, Micheal Feinstien, Richard Dryfuss, BeBe Neuthworth.

Old May 7th, 2003, 09:31 AM
itleyen

Not Bebe!? You're joshing me!