Cheep 2 BR condo in Maui

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:10 AM
Enos

Cheep 2 BR condo in Maui

Where can I find a cheap 2 BR condo In Maui that is on a good beach? What is the best I can do along these lines? I am familiar with the areas of Maui by reading "Maui Revealed", so I know which areas are good and which are less desirable. What is the best compromise between price and quality? i.e. where can you go that is affordable, but still feel like you have had an enjoyable Hawaiian holiday on the beach. I would feel really bad if I stayed at one of the expensive hotels and got a lousy little room, which is apparently not unheard of on Maui from some of the posts I have read.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:02 AM
ezron

The Mana Kai on the Kihei/Wailea border is fantastic and cheap. Great beach, great restaurant(that has 1/2 price appetizers from 3-6), great views. WE LOVE the place. If you want to stay nearer to Kaanapali/Lahaina, I'd suggest somewhere in Kahana(very affordable) but Kahana doesn't have as nice a beach. Good Luck !!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:07 AM
Lisa

We stay at the Mahina Surf in Kahana. $165/night for a 2 bedroom condo, full kitchen, laundry facilities, pool. You can sit on you lanai all day and watch the whales, sea turtles, surfers. It doesn't have the best beach, but the views can't be beat!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:12 AM
ezron

I remembered the name of the place we like in Kahana----Royal Kahana(Outrigger Resort), try them also if you want that part of Maui.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:19 PM
Mary

We like Hale Hui Kai which is at the very south end of Kihei. It sits on Keawakapu Beach which is a great beach with a nice sandy bottom. Short walk to Wailea Resorts. Close to Mana Kai but missing Mana Kai's slightly 60's feel.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:35 PM
sss

Try Kahana village