Checking Out The Norton Simon Museum - Pasadena

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2024, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts

One of our favorite local pastimes is visiting the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena. From Raphael to Rembrandt to Renoir to Rodin to Rivera, there’s something for everybody at this renowned art museum. The Sculpture Garden in back offers you a tranquil oasis complete with a pond full of water lilies. Like a marvelous Monet, the Norton Simon Museum should leave a lasting impression. So hop in your car or even a van ... and Gogh!

https://travelswithmaitaitom.com/nor...m-pasadena-ca/

Last edited by maitaitom; Jan 19th, 2024 at 06:38 AM.
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

If moderators see this, could you make it a trip report? Thanks.
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, Tom, thanks!
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 06:31 PM

We loved that museum when we visited >10 years ago. We need to return!
Old Jan 21st, 2024, 05:00 PM

On the cubist painting, the necklace is represented by 6 yellow dots.
Old Feb 20th, 2024, 04:44 AM

Tom, glad to find your post this morning about the great Norton Simon. We will be spending a couple nights in Pasadena (up from Carlsbad) this May and will continue up to Santa Barbara as well. When we last were there, we stayed (again) at the Hilton which is so convenient for walking to town. Believe on Union Street, there was a champagne store I believe called Pop, but next door was a small excellent Italian restaurant that I am again trying to find. It could've been you that recommended it. (Along with Great Maple). But we're now in post-Covid years and businesses have taken big hit. Is it still there?? Thanks-
Old Feb 21st, 2024, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

"there was a champagne store I believe called Pop, but next door was a small excellent Italian restaurant that I am again trying to find. It could've been you that recommended it. (Along with Great Maple). But we're now in post-Covid years and businesses have taken big hit. Is it still there?? Thanks-"

Pop is now closed and a French restaurant called Perle is there. We have yet to try. The restaurant you're asking about is Union, and yes it's still here and still good. This review below is from when we visited during Covid in 2020, but we have been here a couple of times since, and it hasn't missed a beat.

By the way, if you want some cheaper eats Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana (625 E Colorado Blvd) has some great pizza. Prosciutto and fig is my favorite. Great dessert is Spumoni Bomba. They have a really good Happy hour featuring smaller (8") pizzas. Review in next couple of weeks.

https://travelswithmaitaitom.com/union-pasadena-ca/
Old Feb 21st, 2024, 09:25 AM

Oh thanks so much -- yup, Union it was and still is, glad to hear. Appreciate your mentioning Settebello. We love French so will check out Perle website & menu as well.
Old Feb 21st, 2024, 02:02 PM

Thanks for posting! I am going to add this to my LA Wish List of places to visit.