Search

Cheap Miami Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap Miami Hotels

Hello,

My husband and I will be visiting Miami in April and are looking for an inexpensive (less than $100/night) hotel. Any suggestions? We'd prefer being near the beach. Our second choice would probably be the Coconut Grove area. I lived in Miami years ago -- so I have a fairly good idea of the layout, but I need some help in finding clean, comfortable hotels in our price range.

Thanks!
Cindy
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 07:11 PM

If you pick near the end of April, you'll have a better chance of getting hotels in your price range than if you go the first 2 weeks of April.

I checked on Quikbook and came up with the Albion, Marseilles, Tudor, Breakwater and Townhouse in South Beach as well as the Beach House Bal Harbour and then the Omni Colonnade in Coral Gables which is next to Coconut Grove. You could probably also check into the Hampton Inn there. They usually have rates in that range.
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 07:13 PM

I travel to Miami a lot to visit my daughter, a student there. Haven't paid more than $50 a night since I discovered Priceline. The zones for Miami are pretty clearcut, and you can consult the biddingfortravel.com website to see what people are paying for where. My bids for downtown and Coral Gables and Coconut Grove have yielded Hyatt Regency Downtown ($39), Hyatt Regency Coral Gables ($40 to $47), and Doubletree, on Bayshore in Coconut Grove for around $42, I think. The last was sort of a weird property, in the process of being remodeled, but the room itself was gorgeous, and the hotel's location was great. The Hyatts were characteristic Hyatts.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 11:22 AM
GoTravel

When is Easter? Skip the week before and the week after Easter to avoid high prices and families on break.

Old Oct 30th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions thus far . . . keep 'em coming!!

Cindy