Search

Cheap Big Island Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap Big Island Lodging

Hi,

Will be going to the Big Island Nov 6th thru the 12th this year. Decided to try to stay 3 nights in the southeast around Volcano National Park or Pahoa, and then try to spend 2 nights in the north east around Waimea. Any recommendations for any cheap hotels, condo or houses to rent. Would like to try to stay under $85 a night. Does not need to be fancy, just need a couple of beds are needed.
Thanks
Tim
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 12:02 PM

Why the north east? It is more windy and rainy, and it is a long way to a beach.
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 03:45 PM

VRBO and some management companies have some very good deals on nice condos in Waikoloa village for that time of year; not too far from Waimea, and just 10 miles or so from beaches. I think that part of the island is gorgeous; check out the old mamaloa highway spur for lava tubes!
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 03:49 PM

check out:

http://www.homeaway.com/waikoloa-vil...fa/find.squery
There's actually one for $73; several others in your price range, too. Don't be afraid to ask owner for a break, if it looks like their calendar is open (they can say yes or no, right?)
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 03:38 AM

Here are some inexpensive lodgings on the southeast http://www.hpvacationrentals.com/55_to_75.html
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 10:11 AM

Check out VBRO #16712. It is a studio style bungalow that my husband and I stayed in a couple of years ago. You can hear the ocean, but not see it. It is set among coconut trees, not other houses. The owners are just across the street and very friendly and helpful. It lists at $55/night for 2. There is a single bed/ sofa for a third person. A walk of about a block takes you to a small park where you can see the ocean. It is near Pahoa and the black sand beach. Worth checking out, anyway. We enjoyed it.
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 09:13 AM

I didn't see this the first time, but I've got to say that the north part of the Big Island is absolutely gorgeous, and full of history and aloha spirit. Although it is more windy and rainy, there is rarely any vog, and most of the days are perfect.

You probably already have found your place to stay, but if not, and you are interested in Hawi or Kapa'au, there are some nice inexpensive places on VRBO and the Kohala Village Inn fits the bill of being under $85. http://www.kohalavillageinn.com/Rates.html

Let me know if you want any more info on that part of the island.
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 09:14 AM

There is a nice little inexpensive place in Volcano Village called Volcano Inn. We just stayed there one for night the first week of October. Nice people there, it's clean and inexpensive. Very near the entrance of the national park.

http://www.volcanoinnhawaii.com/