Reload this Page >

Car services to NYC and Yankee Game

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2006, 11:58 AM
travel55

Does anyone have any recommendations for car services from the Meadowlands to NYC (manhatten area) and Yankee stadium?

Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can hop a quick 20 min bus to the Port Authority and then catch the subway. Easier and quicker than a car.
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 03:26 PM
travel55

Thanks for your reply.
I think I have spent 3 days non stop trying to locate the best ways to get to the stadium and the city w/o driving. I was also looking at the Yankee Clipper, but I would like to get to the stadium early to look around since it's my 1st visit. It looks like the YC may take a while. Car service is 85.00 one way + tax and tip - Crazzzzy
We are staying at the Embassy Suites/ML going to a Friday game. Saturday we will be in NYC all day and going to see Stomp in the evening. Sunday hopefully going to Coney Island. My main concern is how much walking to bus stops etc will we be doing? Any suggestions will be MUCH appreciated?

Old Sep 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask at the hotel where the closest bus stop is into Port Authority, and then go downstairs and take the A train to 125th ST, get off the train and stay right there and switch trains to the D. The D will take you right to Yankee STadium. You can probably do the same thing on the reverse ride.

Coney Island, I really wouldn't bother seeing, you will have to do lots of walking and it will take more than 2 hours to get there, and not much to see other than the ocean. The rides will probably still be open for a few weeks on the weekend, but there are so many other interseting things to see in Manhattan, Coney Island will dissapoint.

Also you might think about staying IN Manhattan, it will be so much easier to get around and you won't have to worry about service cars or the last bus to New Jersey.

Try www.hotels.com for suggestions on hotels.

Have a great time while you are here.
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 04:05 PM

Ditto on the recos for staying in Manhattan and against going to Coney Island.

But I get the feeling that this discussion has already taken place.

In case it hasn't Coney Island is a not very salubrious neighborhood,the rides and activities are defiitely very 1940's, the beach is not the nicest and it will take forever to get there and back. For me - the only redeeming activity is the aquarium.
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 05:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Plug "Yankee Stadium" into the search box above and lots of previous discussions come up.
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 11:26 AM
travel55

All replies appreciated, thanks again.
Well I called the Embassy Suites and asked about the buses, this is waht they told me: hop on a bus that stops right at the end of their driveway, take that to Port Authority, #7 to Grand Central, #4 to YS! Does this sound right? The subway system is so confusing!
..Also hubby and I decided to scratch Coney Island off of the list. In reading your posts and others, CI doesn’t seem to be worth the time & travel. This will be our 2 time in NYC (1st for YS) therefore, we have seen most of the major tourist areas. In the past, we also have taken the NY Party Shuttle - which we highly recommend to everybody. We were thinking about spending Sunday morning and afternoon meandering around Chinatown, Soho and “the village” since the only time we have seen it was passing through on the NYPS.
Is there anything we should not miss while meandering?

Old Sep 10th, 2006, 11:41 AM

You can take a tour of Yankee Stadium. For info, go to www.newyorkyankees.com and click on "Yankee Stadium" and then click on "Stadium Tours".
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 01:17 PM
travel55

Yes, thanks we would have loved to do that, but there there are no available tickets left! ;-(

Old Sep 10th, 2006, 04:05 PM
travel55

Well we have an alternative to the stadium tour (though, a whole different ballgam haha) We have decided to take a Greenwich village cultural tour. The tour has received alot of possitive reviews. Kudos again to Fodors and it's members. I would be lost without you!