Cape May, NJ at Thanksgiving?

Old Aug 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cape May, NJ at Thanksgiving?

We're driving from New England to Annapolis, MD for Thanksgiving with family. I've never been to Cape May and was thinking of making it a stop on our way. Is it worth going there in November? Is there anything to see or do then? Would like to take a couple days to drive down and back - is there an alternative destination that would be a good overnight stop en route? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 04:18 PM

Cape May is pretty quiet at that time of the year but the shops are open and they some some very unique ones. There is also many good restaurants. They have a house tour with many B&B's decorated for Christmas that may start after Thanksgiving. Check out thier web site.
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 12:49 AM

My suggestion would be either Cape May or Atlantic City.

You could even take the ferry from Cape May to Delaware on the way to Annapolis (or the reverse).

You can check out rooms and other info on Cape May and Atlantic City at this Web site: MyJerseyShore.com
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the tip on the web site. Unfortunately, every place I've looked at seems to have a 2-night minimum stay on weekends. Because of our travel plans we will be there Friday and can only stay one night. Does anyone know anywhere that allows one night stays? I hadn't anticipated that being a problem after the summer season.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 04:31 PM

If you plan to go to cape may you could stay in wildwood or wildwood crest a very short drive from cape may. Both are beach resorts but do have several motels open year round. you could call the wildwoods tourist info and ask which are open all year.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 04:50 PM

I was in Cape May last Thanksgiving and it was beautiful ... and it was comfortably crowded, certainly not quiet, so make reservations when appropriate.

Old Aug 20th, 2007, 06:20 PM

Try West Cape May. It's the same place, just a bit farther from the beach, and I'd be willing to bet you would get a positive response to a one night stay. Cape May is wonderful, BTW.