Search

Cape Cod lodging

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 12:52 AM
Mark

Cape Cod lodging

Hi ...

I am still looking for reviews of The Heritage House Hotel in hyannis in Cape Cod. Has anyone stayed there ... they are offering very cheap accommodation for August ... less than $90 a night ... hmmm ... what's the drawback ...

What about places in Cape Cod ... need pool & fairly cheap ... my wife & self staying.

Thanks Mark

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 05:42 AM
Wow

Mark,
If you are looking for great beaches, you might want to focus on Eastham. Coast Guard Beach there is one of the northeast's best. I've not stayed at these, but the Mobile Guide lists several reasonable places, including: Midway Motel and Cottages & Eastham Ocean View, Overlook Inn, and Penny House. Even if you stay in Hyannis, try to get out to Coast Guard Beach for the day.
Chatham is a charming town, but the accommodations are probably more expensive. But definitely plan a day trip there!
Hyannis is fun, but a busy center. One main road in is full of malls and chain stores. Main Street is rather "honky tonk." Rts. 132 and 28 are just loaded with motels of all prices. I've not stayed at the Heritage House, but friends thought the Sea Breeze Inn in Hyannis was a good deal. If you post teh Heritage House website, I might recognize it and be able to provide more insight.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 08:00 AM
mark

Hi ..

Thanks for the info ... website is www.theheritagehousehotel.com .... on main street ...

Question ... eh what do you mean by honky tonk ???

Mark

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Wow

I just mean it is a little tacky - not upscale. Downtown Hyannis is like a small "strip," many junk souvenir shops to browse, a carousel, candy/ice cream store, kareoke, bars, etc. Lots of people are out walking in the evening, kids cruising later.
I have never noticed the hotel, but it is in a good central location. I'm not sure if the train station is operational, however. (I don't believe it was the past couple years.) But you can walk to the harbor, the cruise lines to get out to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard, and many decent restaurants. The beach is not walkable.
About 5 miles out of town, there is a fairly reasonable hotel close to Craigville Beach, which is a lovely beach. The Trade Winds Inn has pretty thin walls, but pretty nice views.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Here it is

ttt