Reload this Page >

Cape Cod Beach/Stay Recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:42 AM
nmloconte

Does anyone have any recommendations for a husband and wife (who will be 6 months pregnant in June) to stay at or near a nice beach and town. My preference is to stay close to or on a beach and have a 1/2 mile walk to town or something like that. Looking for a reasonable price, $100 to $150, B&B, cottage, Hotel/Motel, Condos, are all great with us. I have heard of Chatham, but not sure how close to beach, etc. that is. thanks.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 11:06 AM
charles

Try edgartown on Martha's vineyard.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Gene

Look in the Hyannis area. Chatham is out of your price range.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 04:53 PM
eman

You might find something in Harwich. We liked the Ocean Mist in either Dennis or W Yarmouth. On the beach.
Jne may be to cold for swimming

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:08 PM
KM

Last year we stayed at the Lighthouse Inn in West Dennis. It's right on the water (the Nantucket Sound, which is lovely). They have a nice restaurant and facilities. Unfortunately you have to drive a mile or so to get into town (Chatham is close by as well as the main drag). It's nice since you can choose to stay in the Main Inn, rent a cottage or stay in the newer hotel style building. I'm not exactly sure if this is in your price range. Still worth a check.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Enjoy!

If Chatham appeals to you, inquire at the Bradford Inn and Motel. They have variously priced rooms, and it is in a great location. It is not on the beach, but right in-town, and does have a pool and a wonderful included breakfast.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:05 PM
xxxxxxx

in Harwich on Nantucket ound I would recommend Sandpiper Beach Inn or Seadearinn by the Sea. Both are on the beach.
In Yarmouth I would recemmend Red Jacket Inn, Blue Water Resort, Ocea Club or Ocean Mist, all on the water.
Have fun

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:49 AM
nmloconte

thanks to all, I will check on these...

Old May 28th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Angela

Unfortunately, it's difficult to find a spot on the Cape that is both on or close to the beach and walkable to town. Harwhich is a great area, and the Sandpiper Beach Inn, which someone else recommended, is fairly affordable, not too fancy, but newly remodeled with a great spot on a great beach. If you would rather stay in a nice town, Falmouth would be great - there are a few B&Bs in town walkable to the shops, but then you would have to drive to the beaches. Whenever I'm on the Cape, I get so carried away with all of the drives I want to take, restaurants to eat clam chowder at and ferries to take, I forget about sitting on the beach! Martha's Vineyeard may be out of your price range - especially Edgartown. But definetely take the ferry over for the day!