Cape Cod

Jul 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Cape Cod

Hi,

We are traveling with our sons to Cape Cod next week and I am looking for some good seafood restaurant recommendations that won't break the bank. We are staying in South Yarmouth and would be willing to travel around Cape Cod to dine. My boys are 8 and 11 well behaved and love seafood, they eat adult size entries - so the cost of going to dinner has basically doubled for us.

Thanks for any recommendations.
Judy
Jul 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Here it is, your boys' new favorite dining spot!

www.kreamnkone.com
Jul 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM

I can't say that I've been everywhere in Cape Cod for seafood, but I've now eaten at over a dozen places or so that would qualify. These so far include seafood shack style places such as Cobie's (Brewster), Sir Cricket's (Orleans), Mojo's (Provincetown), or Kream 'N Kone (Dennis), as well as more sit-down style places like the Lobster Claw (Orleans), the Lobster Pot (Provincetown), and Fishmonger Cafe (Woods Hole) and somewhat more upscale sit down places like Impudent Oyster (Chatham) or Naked Oyster (Hyannis). My experience suggests that while no place (except maybe the upscale sit-down spots) will utterly wow you here, none are ragingly awful, either -- as long as you avoid pub grub type places (Land Ho and The Yardarm in Orleans both come to mind here, though Chatham Squire in Chatham and Captain Kidd in Woods Hole are a little bit better of this type).

There are several spots that make their own ice cream, and two places I liked when I tried them were Sundae School (various locations) and Four Seas (Centerville). These may appeal to your youngsters in particular.
Jul 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM

If you go to the Lobster Claw, have clam roll for me.
Jul 29th, 2010, 06:30 PM

I also recommend Lobster Claw and Lobster Pot. We also like Moby Dick's (Rt 6 in Wellfleet) and Bookstore & Restaurant, (in Wellfleet, across from Mayo Beach). Also, in Provincetown, we really like the restaurant that is next to MacMillan parking lot, with outdoor dining overlooking P'town Harbor. I think the name is Surf Club. Also, try the Lobster Boat in Yarmouth (I think) on Rt 28.
Jul 30th, 2010, 02:04 PM

If you want to do a picnic at a decent price, stop at Sir Cricket's in Orleans next to Nauset Seafood and the Lobster Claw on Rt 6A+ Rt 28. The fish is fresh, they use good oils for frying, and the price is right. Open all year!
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:42 PM

Thanks yellowbird.
We are heading to Cape Cod this Tues for a wekk and will check it out.
Aug 1st, 2010, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. It all sounds wonderful. We are excited to try Kreamnkone and the Lobster Pot. My boys checked out the websites with me and they are ready to eat! I have written down all the other suggestions, we hope to try more out - only on the cape for 3 nights.

Thanks again - very much appreciate all the help.
Judy
Aug 2nd, 2010, 08:59 AM

Judy... You picked two good ones and the boys will likely have fun in Provincetown as well - be sure to stop by the taffy store and the game store called "Puzzle me this"
Aug 2nd, 2010, 09:32 AM

For seafood, Cooke's in Hyannis is always worth a stop. As is the Dog House in Dennisport for what many consider the best hot dogs on the Cape.