Search

Canton, OHIO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:26 AM
Big Fan

Canton, OHIO

I was wondering where a good place to stay is in the area. Specifically, for the Hall of Fame presentation. I realize that the town is probably a tiny little village that swells up for 1 week a year, but any info on B&B's or hotels would be greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:43 AM
Helpyourself

Go to a web search engine like Google or yahoo and type in "canton ohio" + "bed and breakfasts". Seems like a good place to start.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:52 AM
xxx

There's a Hilton downtown, but otherwise there are lots of the usuals (Residence Inn, Holiday Inn, etc.) a short distance from the Hall of Fame in the Belden Village Mall area. Canton's not really a tiny little village -- more of a small city with lots of strip malls, chain restaurants and extremely enthusiastic high school football fans.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:53 AM
cd

Big Fan
Sorry don't know the answer to your question regarding where to stay, but just wanted to let you know that Canton is not a tiny little village so don't be disappointed. We talking "city"!

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:12 AM
xxx

cd: duh, I was being sarcastic about the city features of Canton. It's really just another suburban blob with nothing special to offer -- I affectionately call it "The Bourgeois Wet Dream".

Big Fan: Another place to stay would be at Glenmoor Country Club which has an inn -- if you are into golf you might enjoy the course... the grounds are part of an old seminary and, although the Club is mucho-bourgeois, it is still quite pleasant.