Canada Day in U.S.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:41 AM
mike

Canada Day in U.S.

I am a very proud Canadian who is traveling through out the U.S. today. Being a patriot, I would like to fly the Canadian flag from my car as I drive from Vancouver to Portland, OR. Some of my friends tell me I shouldn't do this because some Americans may not like it. I don't want to be offensive or nationalistic but I love Canada. What do you think?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:43 AM
OhCanada

Fly that flag and be proud!!
AMericans like Canadians.They are flying American flags in Canada since 9/11,why not??

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:47 AM
American

Ask yourself how you or your friends would feel about an American waving the stars and stripes in Canada. When is Rome......

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:54 AM
Why not

I cannot believe that any American would truly resent a Canadian flag. It would have to be a very narrow-minded person.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:55 AM
why

if i saw the maple leaf flying on a car in the US i would be understanding and supportive, if Toronto had been attacked instead of NYC.
but besides that, i really can not understand why you find it necessary to tell everyone you are from Canada.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:07 AM
for

It's only a birthday celebtration, for heaven's sake. I saw lots of Brazil flags yesterday and didn't wonder why they wanted anyone to know they were Brazilians. Where's your sense of fun?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:17 AM
birhday?

So fly some ballons and birthday stuff. Looks like you are saying Look at me, Look at me, I'm Canadian. Instead of HEY, Its my Birthday! Nothing wrong with That.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:21 AM
nyer

I live in NYC, and every country's holiday,people fly their flags on their cars.Hondurans etc.so Canada would be just fine here!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:45 AM
S

Fly it and be proud. I consider Canada to be the sister of the USA.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:45 AM
S

or brother

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:25 AM
xxx

If you love Canada so much, why aren't you spending the holiday there today? I don't go to foreign countries on the 4th of July to celebrate my country.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:21 AM
Nick

Some Americans were booing the Canadian national anthem at sporting events, so I would think twice about being too patriotic.
I visit Toronto every year and some of my relatives are always criticizing the United States.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:03 AM
S

Geez, if anyone says anything to you, they are just being a jerk! Please come. Enjoy yourself. I'm just as patriotic as the next person, but personally the thought of having to listen to a flag flapping outside my window would get really old really fast!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:37 AM
Cali

Fly your flag. I grew up near the Canadian Border and many people in my hometown fly both the American and Canadian flag as they love the Canadians who live near them and vice versa. I am proud to be an Anerican and you should be just as proud to be a Canadian.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:38 AM
Dick

I hope you'll fly it proudly. It's a great flag that represents a great country. I like your anthem, too, by the way.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 12:48 PM
aiden

Jerks booing at a ballgame are not even worth mentioning.
Fly your flag! Enjoy your trip!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 01:19 PM
redneck

where i come from, ain't nobody knows when anybody's birthday is. and we fer sure don't know where canada is, much less that it's her birthday. so i guess you can fly the flag. jest be careful from olympia south.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 04:34 PM
Texan

Redneck flies a Confederate flag without getting into trouble. Some idiot I saw was flying an American flag upside down the other day. Texans always fly their flag wherever they are. Wouldn't worry about it.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 05:36 PM
Randy

Mike-
I hope you flew your flag! For many years I lived just north of the Canadian border in the U.S. [Detroit area that is ] and I love the interchange between the US and Canada. While someone mentioned the controversy of earlier this year re: the national anthems of our 2 nations, for the most part most informed U.S. citizens and residents know that our first and best international partner are our friends to the north. Fly your flag anytime you visit the US!