Cabin accommodation and dogs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, my daughter wants to take her dog with her next year to Yellowstone and will need a cabin so that he can be kept safely in there during the day (he is only a small dog). Do you know whether dogs are actually allowed in cabins and if so at which sites? She will only be there a couple of days and we know she cannot take the dog around the geyser areas etc., hence wanting to leave it in a cabin during the day. After visiting Yellowstone they will be moving on to where dogs are not an issue. Thanking you all in advance.
Old Sep 16th, 2016, 01:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would make VERY sure that any accommodation she rents does NOT requre that the dog never be left alone in case she is planning to do so for any reason whatsoever such as going elsewhere for a meal.
Old Sep 16th, 2016, 03:43 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I have never EVER heard of a vacation rental that allows pets to be left inside unattended.
Old Sep 16th, 2016, 04:13 PM

I know there are some lodge cabins in GTNP that allow dogs, but they are limited and pricey. They do not allow pets to stay in the unit unattended. I would assume Yellowstone would also have some cabins, but with the same policy. Look on the websites for direct dial number to call and ask. Pet units are not shown as a reservation option on line.

I did rent a lovely tiny cabin right on the Yellowstone River, but inthe Paradise Valley. This property was super pet friendly and the owners very kind. I did ask if it was ok if I left my small dog in the cabin for a half day and he would be in his pen. They were fine with that. This charming little cabin is only suitable for One or two people and a small dog. Its that small, but with huge decks and a large grassy yard on the river. Unfortinately I would not recommend it for someone visiting Yellowstone for only two days, because it is just not close enough. Its about a 30 min drive to the north entrance.
Old Oct 3rd, 2016, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. I am trying to persuade my daughter to leave the dog at home/in kennels for the holiday period.
Old Oct 3rd, 2016, 12:13 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>I am trying to persuade my daughter to leave the dog at home/in kennels for the holiday period.
Old Oct 5th, 2016, 02:35 AM

I hope you can convince her. We love our dog but don't travel with her. It wouldn't be fun for her or us. She goes away to the doggie kennel and is just fine there.