Search

Bush Gardens

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:05 AM
cbr
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bush Gardens

I will be going to Bush Gardens in July with my spouse and 4 children (3 boys and 1 girl all under age 10. We will need a suite or 2 hotel rooms. Last time we went we stayed at the Amerisuites near Bush which was awful. Any recommendations?
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:16 AM

There are several Busch Gardens in the US. Which one were you going to?
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:17 AM

I believe it's actually Busch Gardens. It might also help to specify which location you're asking about.

If in fact you do mean the Bush garden, I don't believe the Rose Garden is part of the standard White House tour.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 02:33 PM

I'm guessing that you mean Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida as there is an AmeriSuites nearby. A couple other hotels are the Best Western Suites (thatparrotplace.com or 800-786-7446) and Doubletree Guest Suites (813-971-7690). Both include hot breakfast and shuttles to Busch Gardens in their rates. I have stayed at the Doubletree a couple of times but it was a few years ago. (When we walked out of our room in the morning, Jack Hannah was walking out of the room next to ours. My son thought that was really cool!) We really enjoyed having a hot breakfast included as well as a refrigerator in the room. They have a living room and a bedroom, but neither is very large. I think you would need two rooms for your family. Have a wonderful time.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 02:57 PM

or are you considering Busch Gardens near Williamsburg in Virginia? It's a great location to vacation with kids -- both are terrific attractions. We like the amusement park better than the one in Tampa.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 05:08 PM

If you are talking about the Tampa one, you might consider the Embassy Suites at the Univ of South Florida as well which is right up the street. I live in Tampa but had to stay in that hotel for a meeting and was really impressed. There is a big atrium but the sound doesn't seem to travel throughout the building. The hotel is only a few years new. Have fun! I worked at Busch Gardens as a teen and still love the place.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 06:26 PM

I topped my trip report for you. Check out the Baymont motel. It looked new...
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 05:22 AM
cbr
Original Poster

Sorry about that. I meant Busch Gardens in Tampa. I am looking for a place to stay with my spouse and four children under age 10. I heard the St.Pete area is nice, any recommendations? Thank you
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM

You are looking at a 40-60 minute drive from Busch Gardens to St. Petersburg. IMO, I'd go with the Embassy Suites suggestion. The hotels on Busch Blvd. are fairly ratty. I imagine there is more concern for nicer accomodations at the nearby University of South Florida where the academic folks confer. The USF is at the next major road only 5 minutes away from BG. Just all round nicer area and decidedly nicer hotels.
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 01:43 PM

If you are going to spend a week in the Tampa Bay area and just a day at Busch Gardens, I would definitely stay in the St. Pete area (Pinellas County) vs. staying in Tampa and just drive over to Busch Gardens Your little ones would love it, take them to Ft. DeSoto Park, John's Pass on Madeira Beach, Treasure Island Fun Center, etc.!