Breckenridge New Years Eve restaurant suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will skiing in Breckenridge during New Years Eve with our kids and their friends ages 16-20.
Any suggestions as to where to celebrate New Years Eve? (with parents)
Also, need restaurant suggestions for the other nights. Thank you.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 06:45 AM

Katie, There was a post about this yesterday. Click on my name and you'll find a thread with a few suggestions.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 03:59 PM

We have our Christmas Eve dinner at Swiss Haven every year. It is a fondue restaurant. Very cozy, family friendly (we have brought our two small children).

I assume they are open New Years eve, but I would check. I can also ask my brother for you, he's the bartender!

Have fun!
Kristy
Old Dec 8th, 2004, 02:55 PM

It's not in Breck and I don't know what they have planned for New Year's, but there's a relatively new restaurant in Dillon that is definitely worth a look. It's called "Mexico" and has some really artsy, funky artwork and interior finishings. Upscale in a quirky sort of way. Worth eating there once just to see the decor. Food is quite good. (Not really traditional Mexican--kind of a fusion much like their interior design.) One of their signatures is they bring the raw ingredients to your table and make salsa from scratch based on your preferences. Probably the best salsa I've ever had.
Old Dec 8th, 2004, 04:31 PM

You don't mention what kind of place you're looking for, but with "kids" that age, I'd guess you'd want a pretty lively atmosphere, not so formal, and not so expensive. Of course, everywhere will be crowded New Year's Eve.

Consider:
- Breckenridge Brewery. Good beer (for those of age), pretty good food, good atmosphere.
- Steak and Rib. I've never been (we're not steak folks), but my parents went with a large group, and spoke very highly of it.
- Mi Casa. It's very popular, good food, good service, great margaritas, friendly atmosphere, and the bar's good too.
- For slightly more upscale meal, try the Hearthstone. It's in an old Victorian, and is good for families of any age.
- Fiesta Jalisco, for more authentic Mexican food. The ambience is not as good as Mi Casa, but it is more authentic.
- Cafe Alpine - IMO, the best restaurant in Breck. But may not be good for your crowd, as it's a pretty small restaurant, with a more formal (but not stuffy) feel. Adventurous and tasty cuisine.
- Blue River Bistro - Also very good food, larger than Cafe Alpine (though not as big as my first suggestions). It tends to be very loud, so we don't go here much.
- Eric's Downstairs - Very popular pizza place for locals and others. Good pizza, good other food, sports-bar ambiance, there a host of video games right outside. It tends to get very crowded, but it's a fun place to go.
- Extreme Pizza - We've gotten takeout here a couple of times, but there's seating too (as well as pool tables and a couple of video games). Huge variety of the custom-style pizzas; you can get an individual-sized pizza so you don't have to inflict your choices on others.
- Rasta Pasta - Small place, budget prices, fun caribbean-influenced pasta dishes.
- There's a good sushi place that I'm blanking on the name of; it's in the La Cima mall. Also in the La Cima mall is a new Thai place. I haven't been yet, but folks have told me it's a pretty good, though limited, menu.

For breakfast:
- Blue Moose. Tend to be crowded, but I love their veggie eggs benedict
- Clint's. The best baked goods in town (love their croissants); they have a big variety and coffee drinks too.

Also not to miss: Crepes a la Carte. Good for snacks or a light lunch. They remind me of buying crepes from stands in Paris (kind of). Be forewarned, it takes a while to make each crepe, so if you have a group, it takes forever.

Old Dec 9th, 2004, 09:16 AM

hey kristy - swiss haven sounds like fun! trip sounds great. wish i was there!
Old Dec 9th, 2004, 02:48 PM

Okay experts, you sound like you know the area. We usually spend NYE in Aspen but this year we're at Aspen the week before Christmas and on the mtn at Keystone the week between Christmas and NYE.

I've only skiied Keystone while staying in Dillon for a couple of days so I know nothing of restaurants at Keystone except what I see on the resort's website. There will be four adults looking for a beautiful, romantic setting and we aren't price conscious for special occassions. Whcih place do you suggest? Keystone Ranch or something else?
Old Dec 9th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all everyone. I really didn't think I'd get so much feedback.
I wonder if there are any places having a FUN party with music and dancing??
Grasshopper-I copied the other great post, great information. Thanks for telling me.
Looking forward to our trip to Breck--lately we have skiied Snowmass which we absolutely love, but when driving from Oklahoma, it's just that much further west.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 03:37 PM

I just booked 4 tickets at the Keystone Conference Center for a one night comedy show by 4 comics from the tv show "Last Comic Standing." Its a PG show. I am also traveling with teens and they are addicted to Comedy Central programming.

I know I don't have these names spelled correctly- Dave Mordall, Cory Cahainey, Dan Naturman, and Tess Drake. Tix ate $99, $59, and $49. Doors open at 8:30pm show at 9:30, dancing at 11. Appetizers and drinks are included for the $99 price which also gets you seats in the first 4 rows.

Go to www.snow.com then click Keystone and somewhere on there you'll find their central ressie line (under dining for sure). The reservationist may say they aren't selling until the 22nd but they are. They had some problems getting it online so there are varying dates that they were quoted as going on sale.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 01:17 PM

BTW Katie Kate, You are a brave soul to take other people's children with you on vacation. Please tell me how that works for you. I've thought about it, especially now that my kids are teenagers but still haven't done it. Do you pay for everything including airfare?
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 03:56 PM
alg

We spent last NYE at the Blue River Bistro and had a good time; it was pretty lively and I think good for all the ages in your group. We had another dinner at the Hearthstone which was very good, but maybe a little too tame for teenagers on NYE.
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

To amwosu--forgot to mention the parents of those kids are going too. Although, we have taken other kids along w/o thier parents and it has worked out very well. We just assume since we have invited them, we pay for everyting. It's our treat. But, when our kids have gone skiing without us we send $ for lift tickets/food/etc. with the parents and they just apply it when needed. (of course, the lodging cost is on them) We've never had any problems...
Haven't had a chance to look up snow. com, but will soon.

Thanks for the tips everyone.
Old Dec 26th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

any more tips before we leave?