Search

Boston To Woodshole???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:52 PM
JJR
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston To Woodshole???

I'm flying into Boston and have to get to Martha's vineyard. I do not want to fly to MV. I know I can take a ferry over. Are there buses to Woodshole? How long does it take? Thank you.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 04:20 AM
kgn

From Boston not during rush hour you can makeit to Woods Hole in about 2 hours. THere are buses that go but I am not sure which ones. Call the Ferry directly and they will be able to help.
Enjoy your stay
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 04:40 AM

The Bonanza Bus Line has a route from Logan to Woods Hole (www.bonanzabus.com). Alternatively, the Plymouth & Brockton runs from Logan to Hyannis, where there is also a ferry to MV, which is smaller and doesn't take cars, but you obviously don't care about that. Two hours is about right to either location.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Mo

Thanks flyfish and kgn. I wish I could fly straight from DC to the vineyard; however the airlines just have direct during the summer. The flight in august was in the mid $300s. In Oct. they want mid $500s to fly to Logan and than to the vineyard (using Cape Air). Call me cheap but I think I'll go by ferry.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 07:07 PM

The ferry from Woods Hole to M. V. is about 45 minutes. You dock at either Oak Bluffs or Vineyard Haven, depending upon the time slot. Be certain to spend a little time In Woods Hole. This is the home of the world-renowned Oceanagraphic Institute. Some buildings are open to the public, as is the Aquarium at the end of the main street. I don't know what your plans are once on the island, but do take an island tour on one of the busses. You can also get from town to town via public transportation.
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 07:08 AM
Mo

Don't get me wrong I love all the info I get from the fodors site; however some people who reply to the question don't answer the question they go off on their own little tangent. Massteacher although you were very informative JJR was asking how long from Logan to Woods Hole was, not how long the ferry ride was. You also mention the island tour, although very helpful to others JJR mentioned that they were just there in August (the flight costing $200 less than the one he/she would take in Oct)so I think he/she knows the island.