Search

Boston Restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston Restaurant

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a restaurant for my wife and I? We are 27 and are looking to spend about $100 on food and drinks for the two of us. This is for Sunday night, May 3rd. We are staying at the Radisson on the Southwest corner of Boston Common. It doesn't have to be a restaurant close by, just one that we can get to via public transportation fairly easily. It would be nice to have something romantic since it is for her birthday. We are open to any type of food but don't want any chain restaurants (unless it's a local Boston chain). Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

While reading some other posts, it sounds like it might be nice to dine at one of the Italian restaurants on the North end. Also, we obviously don't have to spend $100! A little more or less is just fine too Just trying to put some sort of budget out there.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM

I'll be in Boston next week, picking my son up from college. I asked him to pick out a nice medium-price restaurant for me to take him and his friend to. He chose Trattoria Toscana near Fenway Park. It gets good reviews, and it looks like you can eat well, with wine and tip, for around your $100.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

I just booked 1 of our 2 restaurants before I saw your post. I booked at Atlantic Fish Company for her birthday. Looks awesome! Not Italian like I was thinking, but that's fine. I'll check out Trattoria Toscana now for the night before.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

This place sounds great. This will definitely be our second place!
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Original Poster

Any other suggestions? Also curious if anyone has any good lunch suggestions.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 07:51 PM

I'm sorry but Trattoria Toscana was a let down to me. Great service, but the food was just ok. But many rave about it.

We frequent Giacomos in the Southend 431 Columbus Ave - much better than the NEnd tourist spot. Red sauce, parm, fra diavlo, scampi, piccatta, calimari type place.

I could be happy at Via Matta in Park Square with your budget. A very servicable house caraffe of red, a shared crispy eggplant, rice balls, a veggie and their wonderful bread... leaves room to share an entree too.

If you like steak frites, then lunch at Aquitaine is a must - southend. We have found this to be the best of many who try to address the dish. Perfect frites, wonderful hanger steak dressed with an amazing truffled dressing , finished with a lovely side of greens. around $15 for lunch, $25 for dinner sized serving.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM

During our last visit to Boston, we had creative cocktails & a very nice dinner at

Sibling Rivalry
525 Tremont St (south end)
www.siblingrivalryboston.com
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 08:15 PM

Tom - fun place - great atmosphere. Havent been in awhile, but think it a good recomendation.

You could do a stroll in the southend and decide.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 08:24 PM

Balto Traveler, I meant no disrespect. You will of course have a wonderful time and experience. It is a well regarded place, and your son came up with a perfect rec for your budget. it is regarded very well, and the service is wonderful. It is simply not a place that calls me back. Wishing you a wonderful meal filled with love and laughter.
Old May 1st, 2009, 03:25 AM

Bluesphee,

Both of your choices are good, but for some other great options try looking at www.beantownbite.com. What type of food are do you like/dislike? The North End has many great restaurants, but some are hit or miss. Try Bacco!