Boston

Aug 24th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Boston

We are planning a trip to Boston in the near future. We want to drive from Hamilton, ON to Boston. Any good accoomdations that you can share ? What can we visit in Boston?
Thank you,
Carmen
Aug 24th, 2004, 04:35 PM

I suggest you get a copy of this month's National Geographic Traveler. It has an excellent article on the 34 best things to do in Boston.
Aug 24th, 2004, 04:46 PM

Two websites to check out before you visit...boston.com - look for the vistor's guide and newengland.com.

My favorite things:

Fenway Park
Symphony Hall
Concerts on the Esplanade
Dinner in the North End
Strolling around Beacon Hill and the Back Bay.
Swan Boats in the Public Garden.
Tea at the Ritz.

Just stayed at the Sheraton Prudential - got a good rate on hotwire.com. But definately got a second rate room. We've had much better luck at the Back Bay Hilton or the Colonade.
Aug 24th, 2004, 05:26 PM

For anyone who wants to understand the US walk the Freedom Trail and visit Lexington/Concord. (I always get chills whne I think what those Minutemen and the army they turned into actually accomplished.)
Aug 24th, 2004, 05:36 PM

bennie-the Boston Sunday Globe has a section of little vignettes where people write in about their experiences around town. In one, two women were strolling near the Swan Boats. One was an out-of-towner. She remarked, "I don't know what one sees in these Swan Boats. They don't go anywhere."