Search

Boston 24/7

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:26 AM
x

Boston 24/7

Watched this show last night and they featured a restaurant called 9 Park. Anyone have experience with it? The owner is self taught and seemed very genuine for a successful chef.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 01:39 PM
/bos

"Number 9 Park" is located at 9 Park Street, which is in the shadow of the State House on the edge of Beacon Hill and Downtown Crossing.

The chef is named Barbara Lynch. The food is wonderful, the setting is quite beautiful, but the portions are simply too itsy bitsy for this hungry foodite.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Leslie

For a piece of trivia, Barbara Lynch is a cousin of State Senator Stephen Lynch.

The food and service are impeccable, the prices are very high, but as mentioned before, the portions are on the small side. Suggest you go there for lunch -- basically the same menu, but the prices are less. Also, the dessert menu is to die for.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 02:55 PM
xxx

Just how small are the portions? Most restaurants serve portions that are much larger than any of us need. Portion size is a major contributor to obesity. I would venture to say that the majority of Americans could do well with "itsy bitsy" portions. We'd be much healthier as a nation for it.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 03:32 PM
xyz

Gosh...I'm surprised to hear folks complaining about small portions at 9 Park. I ordered the pork chop one night and the plate looked like something out of the Flintstones...so huge, in fact, that it took my appetite away. It's a big favorite of my husband who works nearby and eats there as often as possible - I, on the other hand, find it noisy and crowded and am never happy with what I order...go figure - but, having said that, I have a lot of admiration for Ms. Lynch who seems very genuine and has many loyal patrons.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 03:50 PM
MasterDux

Boston 24/7, I thought to myself..what a gd oxymoron. But then noticed you're talking about a restaurant...

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 04:17 AM
bennie

Self appointed Boston trivia police here - Steve is no longer State Senator - he's Congressman Lynch - elected on Sept 11 of all days in a special election after the death of Congressman Moakley.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Jen

Have eaten at No. 9 Park twice, and had poor experiences both times. In our group of friends, there are very mixed reviews of this place. There are plenty of other restaurants in Boston that are better at that same price point.