Blakely Hotel in New York City

Old Nov 13th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blakely Hotel in New York City

Hi...
1. Would appreciate comments on this hotel & it's location for typical tourist activities for first timers to NYC.
2. How can I book a 1 BR suite there at a discount? When I try the typical discount sites (quickbook, expedia, hotels.com) I never get the Suite option, tho when I try it thru hotel's website, it is available.

Thank You!
-MJ
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 10:50 AM

The location of the hotel is fine - a great neighborhood and several subway stops within a short walk. Have no idea how to do suites at a discount - many hotels don't offer their suites through those sites. You might trytravelzoo.com or hotel or kayak,com. Or just call them and ask for the best price,
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 11:43 AM

We stayed at the Blakely a couple of years ago for our first visit to NYC. I recommend it highly. We thought the location was great -- we could walk to Central Park, walk to Times Square and the theaters, and the subway was close by.
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 11:48 AM

It's possible that it's a busy time and they don't need to discount the suites. Have a look on booking.com though if you haven't. If your trip is after the first of the year, you could try phoning and asking for the best price they have. It's a great location and a very nice smaller hotel. The only complaint I've ever heard is occasionally people are troubled by late night garbage pickup trucks.
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 12:58 PM

"only complaint I've ever heard is occasionally people are troubled by late night garbage pickup trucks."

Welcome to the Big City. Many commercial garbage pick-ups are done at night. If you come from a quiet suburban area this can be a shock, but for city dwellers, after the first time you hear this... thereafter, you sleep thru.
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much to all who replied!
Now I'm on to planning the itinerary...
MJ
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Just so everyoneknows about the noise. Commercial carters (as opposed to residential garbage pick up by the city which is during the day) are REQUIRED to pick up late at nght when there is uch les traffic for them to impede. If that type of noise will prevent yuo from sleeping - as well as sirens on police cars and/or fire engines - then try to book a room on a very high floor.