Search

Big Island

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Island

I see a lot of comments about Maui and Kaui'i - what about the Big Island? We were thinking about splitting time between there are Kaui'i. Or would Maui/Kaui'i be better? We have 9 days.
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 05:38 PM

well, I'm partial to the Big Island. Maui has just "developed" so much (my opinion only). I just love the "small town" feel of BI and the volcano is just great! But all of the islands really have much to offer.

If you thought you would go back, one island only is nice, if not, 2 islands at the most. Again, My opinion only.
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 09:14 PM

I agree with Jerry, the big Island is what I always pictured Hawaii as being,not much for beaches but every thing you would want except a big city, Of course any Island you pick you will enjoy.
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 07:45 AM

Agree. The BI is our favorite. Certainly nothing against the others, but we like BI's geographic diversity, small town feel, relative undevelopment in places, etc. Yet it's got great resorts and cities like Hilo as well. Within hours you can go from beach, rain forest, active volcanoes to desert. Our 2 choices would be BI and Kaui'i.
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 09:09 AM

We loved the Big Island. For some reason, I wasn't expecting it to be a place I'd love, but I did. Seeing the volcano was amazing. When we were there, you could hike out at night to see the lava flow. Also Akaka Falls - at over 400 ft. tall is one of the prettiest I've seen. We stayed at the Hapuna Beach Prince, and the beach there was gorgeous. The Kilauea Lodge is a fun spot if you'd like to stay near the volcano.