Beware Travelocity

Old Jan 26th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware Travelocity

Warnings to all booking online! Travelocity double booked me on a cruise for some unknown reason and then it took 2 months with my constant whining for them to finally pay me back. They refused to refund the extra online booking charge and I finally cut my losses and gave up.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 09:35 AM

Why do I have the feeling that there is another side to this story.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 09:48 AM

Did you pay with a credit card? Why didn't you dispute the charges with the credit card company?
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:08 PM

I agree with FainaAgain, especially if you used AMEX. I never use them. Their rates are always higher than Expedia or going through companies directly for hotel, airfare or car rental.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 09:42 AM

what happened is I booked over the phone, and I never heard back by email confirmation. So i called again 2 days later and I was assured that yes I was booked for the criuse but the flights were not available. So i waited while they called American Airlines to check and then Travelocity rebooked me. When my credit card statement arrived double withdraws were shown. After MUCH time, effort yada yada, I was partially reimbursed but that took months.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 09:50 AM

I use travelocity for airline tickets and they seem to be better than expedia or hotwire or ovitz, etc.

But once i get the airline info, I then go directly to the airline itself.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 10:06 AM

I have never had a problem with Travelocity, I have booked air and hotels, but I do usually go direct and go there only for a price check on the off chance they would have what I need. I did have a problem w/ expedia this fall on a cruise booking though. All the rates were the same but expedia offered some 'free' stuff so we went with them. We got the cruise thank goodness, but no beach towels, fanny pack or water bottles. We had to call several times to update information and each time we would ask about the freebies and were told that they would be in the cabin either on our arrival or shortly thereafter. No freebies and after email and phone contact no further sucess wtih getting the items either. We have lived on very nicely without them but the principal of bait and switch comes to mind and I will never use them again just to avoid a terrible mix up like yours. I guess no matter what you do- without the confirmation in hand you are stuck these days.
sg
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 10:11 AM

I'm confused. Are jjude and mingxa the same person?
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 10:52 AM

Apparently someone else with several names so they can agree with themselves.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Sorry, yes when I went online at work I had just changed to a gmail account,so I re-registered so now depending where I am, i am either one or the other. i guess I should delete one registration but if I do, then I can't as quickly find my postings.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 10:56 AM

Wow, wait, really I am just a hard working girl, sometimes traveller who thinks this is a great forum, no evil intentions!
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 04:11 PM

We seldom travel. So I'm confused ilovetotravel29 when you say "Once I get the airline info, I go directly to the airline" I'm in this particular forum tonite because we will be planning a trip to Italy for this fall and I'm wonderingshould I contact a Travel Agent?, Travelocity? Call Airlines and Hotels myself? Ummmm? I've got plenty of time and I know I'll learn alot from this site.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 09:51 AM

From now on I go directly to the airline and see if they can match the deals which they usually can. The exception is my upcoming trip to Africa because Air Canada the airline i wanted because of the points, did not offer online booking thru to Tz.(they only go as far as London e.g.)My problem was resolved because American Airlines went to bat for me as far as negotiating reimbursement on the second flight booked my Travelocity.Apparently you can't just cancel flights for any reason without a charge even if you but insurance. And no, VISA was not helpful at all but maybe they would have been eventually.My problem was compounded by the fact I purchased a trip for my mom too as a birthday present so I had to prepay for 4 flights and 2 cruises before Trav. would admit their error