Notices

asiarooms.com help!

Old Dec 21st, 2007, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
asiarooms.com help!

So, based upon the recommendations on this board, I used asiarooms.com to book a room for my upcoming trip to Thailand/Koh Samui. Now here's the problem - I booked a room with them, they charged my credit card - but I haven't heard from them at all (its been 5 days) - I've sent them multiple emails through their website and even a fax, but I still haven't heard anything. I haven't called yet because I don't have a line that I can use to call overseas.... anyone have any ideas of what I can do? My trip is in 2 weeks and I'd prefer not to charge back my credit card and start all over.....
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 05:29 AM

I had booked rooms with asiarooms.com several times previously. Normally my credit card would only be charged after the room has been confirmed.

Extract from their email
Your credit card was approved, and now has been blocked for the the total of XXX SGD. Your credit card has not been charged, because your reservation has not yet been confirmed. We have only obtained confirmation from your credit card company that the total amount will not cause you to exceed the credit limit on your card and that funds will definitely be available if your reservation is confirmed. If we are unable to confirm your reservation, your credit card will be unblocked within three to four days. Your credit card will only be charged if and when we are able to confirm your reservation.
unquote

you didn't receive any emails from them at all?
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 07:21 AM

Hm. The two times I've used them succcessfully I got my voucher pretty quickly. Have you tried the "Booking Status" tab on their site?
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 07:30 AM

Check your spam filter. It is very common for foreign emails to be filtered out as spam.
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 07:56 AM
TC

I used them for two hotels, very successfully. I agree with Kathie, they were often filtered out by my spam filter.
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 03:11 PM

We used them & they sent the confirmation email the next day with a printable sign in Thai & English w/ the address/name of the Peninsula hotel... I later called the Pen's toll free number to make a request for a wheelchair & used the company name on the AsiaRooms' confirmation & the concierge at Pen found our reservation rightaway...

it's in your SPAM folder... it's important to get into a daily habit of checking it as foreign email goes in there all the time...
Old Dec 25th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the insight - my stuff just fell through the cracks there. I checked my spam folder several times (I usually check it at least once a day), and I used the service on their website to send all current bookings that I have -- but without any luck. I haven't received a single email or any correspondence from them. It's really weird. Either way, I disputed the charges with my credit card and booked directly with the hotel who matched the deal that was on asiarooms.
Old Dec 25th, 2007, 03:25 PM

You might contact the hotel directly to determine whether your resrvation has been made and your room paid for. Either it has or it has not. Peace of mind or more work to do.