Reload this Page >

Best Seafood in San Diego

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Jada

Which are the best places for seafood in San Diego? Prefer casual and not too expensive

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 07:34 AM
xxx

There may be many more but I recall down by the Embarcadaro Star of the Sea". It was busy, and not terribly pricey.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Barbara

The Star of the Sea Room is not only not at all casual, it is quite pricey. You could check out the Blue Crab Coastal Cuisine on 5th Ave (I think) in the Gaslamp District, also not inexpensive. Or the Fish Market, which is less expensive and more casual downstairs, and less casual and more expensive upstairs (Top of the Market), but you can make reservations upstairs. Also, George's at the Cove in La Jolla. Downstairs here is more (much!) expensive and less casual, upstairs on the Terrace, is casual and less expensive.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 10:36 AM
x

Star of the Sea is one of the most expensive in SD, try the more casual Anthony's in the same building. Several places on Shelter Island and Harbor Island are very reasonable with nice harbor views.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Sue

The Fish Market restaurant and The Tin Fish are very good and not overpriced.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 01:30 PM
x

anthony's is very reasonably priced and our meals have always been good. the fish market has a good reputation.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Janet

Eat downstairs in the bar at the Fish Market. They cook the food right in front of you, its great food and lots of fun at reasonable prices.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 10:18 AM
Alice

I swear I posted this the other day but Point Loma Seafoods is the absolute best! Very casual - mostly outdoor eating, with a small indoor patio with some tables. Directly next to the sportfishing docks - fun atmosphere, very fresh fish, great prices!