Best Crab Cakes?

Jan 24th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Best Crab Cakes?

Looking for great/interesting places for crab cakes in the Baltimore area. Suggestions? I will be there in mid-March.
Jan 24th, 2007, 11:40 AM

G&M Restaurant at 804 N. Hammonds Ferry Road in Linthicum out by the airport. Both the Washington Post and Baltimore Sun have rated best crab cakes. This is a 1960's style restaurant in a very modest neighborhood, but I will bet the best crab cakes you have ever had. If you get the dinner with two of the crab cakes, you might not be able to eat anything else. You don't need appetizers or side dishes. This is a quality of food and not atmosphere or tourist destination decision. Web site: www.gandmcracakes.com Great stuff.
Jan 24th, 2007, 11:51 AM

Where in the baltimore area will you be? Will you have a car to get to a place in the suburbs like G&M? Or would you need somewhere near your hotel?
Bertha's (http://www.berthas.com) in Fells Point has a very good crab cake and is definitely an interesting place to eat at.

You'll find that when you ask this question, you'll get a variety of responses. Everyone seems to have their favorite crab cake place. I've found most local baltimore restaurants serve a decent crab cake at least, so better than others of course. Just avoid the big guys like Philips, McCormick & Schmick's, Rusty Scupper, etc.
Jan 24th, 2007, 12:01 PM

G& M's are the best!!!! Very casual restaurant. I can only eat one of their crab cakes.
Jan 24th, 2007, 12:03 PM

Here's another link to a post here about crab cakes. Some interesting takes.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34485902
Jan 24th, 2007, 12:47 PM

Agree..G and M Restaurant. Don't expect atmosphere. Also agree...don't go to Phillips! There is also a great pub in Ellicott City for crab cakes...but maybe a little far for you.
Jan 25th, 2007, 07:54 PM

The Narrows in Kent Narrows