Search

Best Beds???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 04:05 AM
Sarah

Best Beds???

My husband and I like to stay in nice hotels. One of my top requirements is a nice comfortable bed, think heavenly bed with Down comforter, nice sheets and comfy pillows. There's nothing I hate more than spending good money for a room and finding a plain bed with blanket/flat duvet on top. Sometimes through the websites, it's hard to tell if the beds are good. What hotels have you stayed at besides the starwood hotels that have awesome beds? Thanks!

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Debbie

The Four Seasons has the most heavenly beds!!

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 04:27 AM
Eva

The Ritz Carlton has amazing beds, with feather beds, down pillows and comforters, high count cotton sheets (Frette, I believe). You won't want to get out of bed. I also had a similarly satisfying sleep at the Royal Sonesta in New Orleans.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Jamie

SOME Ritz Carlton beds are great, but not all (at least not consistently over the last 5 years...they may be upgrading system wide).

All Four Seasons I've been in have great beds, but I can't say I've slept in a bed any more comfortable than a Heavenly Bed.

Peninsula Beverly Hills and Chicago are on a par with Four Seasons for beds.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Nikki

The Hotel Kitano in New York.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Joan

Speaking of, I am heading to Montreal this December. How are the beds at the Loews hotels, specifically Hotel vogue?

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 09:09 AM
girl

The Fitzpatrick hotel in Chicago has the most amazing beds!! I went there for a weekend and actually spent the first night renting a movie and ordering room service so that I wouldn't have to get out off the bed. Incredible.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Wendy

Joan, I don't know about that particular Loews but I recently stayed at the one in Philly and it was the hardest bed I ever slept on! Also they didn't use fitted bottom sheets so they completely pulled up in the night. And the bedspread was just flat and boring.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Jackie

Westin's beds truly are heavenly, but the most comfortable I have found so far was at the NY Palace.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 10:13 AM
jen

The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 10:45 AM
kate

Just returned from Montreal. The Hotel Le Germain has Frette linens, down comforters, pillows, very comfortable.

Back in the USA~I can only remember the bed in the Bellagio being extremely comfortable.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 11:13 AM
J

Green Valley Spa in St. George, UT gets my top vote, followed closely by The One Aldwych in London or the Ritz-Carlton in Laguna Niguel.

All beautiful Frette or other high thread count linens, lots of plump pillows, feater beds, and great comforters.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Monica

The beds at Loews Hotel Vogue in Montreal (in answer to someone above) were very average as of 2 years ago.
The hotel was nice and well located, but what I'd call 4 star quality.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 03:46 PM
sue

Most Westin Resorts have "Heavenly Beds" check their websites out, you can even buy the beds on line...for REAL.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:29 AM
Duane

The beds in a Bellagio Suite at the Bellagio are awesome. I've stayed at some nice places, but this bed was soooo comfortable.
Duane

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:46 AM
Alana

Four Seasons - Boston. Best night's sleep ever.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Sue

Here is the website for the heavenly beds and other stuff at Westin.

http://www.westin-hotelsathome.com/

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Casey

I stayed at the Four Seasons in Maui and was expecting the most comfortable bed ever. What I found was my biggest pet peeve - a flat sheet instead of fitted at a Four Seasons Property! And the pillows were not firm enough. i expected much better from a Four Seasons. I am searching for the most comfortable bed, and didn't find it there. maybe will try the much touted Heavenly Bed.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Owen O'Neill

Best bed I've tried yet was at the Elliott Grand Hyatt in Seattle. The beds at Chateau Laurier in downtown Ottawa run a second close. Haven't stayed in a Westin but hear great things about their bed.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Tango

My wife and I liked the beds at the Ritz (various properties) that we have copied them:

-Frette sheets (though we sprung for the 600 count vs. the 300 count sheets they have at the RCs)
-Feather bed
-Down comforter
-Down pillows

It is difficult to get out of bed sometimes...but well worth the trouble!