The new Ritz Carlton in New Orleans

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:24 PM
LF

The new Ritz Carlton in New Orleans

I am interested in staying at the new Ritz Carlton in New Orleans and I have heard there is also a new "boutique" hotel,Maison Orleans,that has just opened. Has anyone tried either of these...if so...what did you think?

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 06:01 PM
susan

Generally speaking, the reviews of the new Ritz haven't been particularly great. However, its sister property, Iberville Suites, is getting rave reviews.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:06 PM
Dawn

Just returned from NOLA. Stayed at both the Iberville and Maison Orlean. There is NO COMPARISON. The Iberville is subpar..the rooms are rundown and tired. The Maison Orlean is upscale and elegant and the breakfast was NOT typical continental. It had lox, all sorts of wonderful cheeses, danish, yogurts, etc. Wonderful hotel!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 10:53 PM
Richard

I can't speak for the rooms but the Ritz is jammed pack with grat entertainment.

They serve a fantasitic Tea, and they have one of the best Jazz acts in the city.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:13 AM
Sarah

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton for our anniversary last November. We LOVED it. The beds were incredible, soft sheets and down comforters and pillows. Beautiful marble bathrooms. When we arrived in the room there was even a plate of chocolates and chocolate covered strawberries that said happy anniversary on it. It was so luxurious and the staff was a great help. I would also highly reccomend the spa. Talk about a day of pampering.

I don't know anything abouthe Maison Orleans, but I would highly reccomend the Ritz Carlton. I think the negative reviews were from when the hotel first opened.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:45 AM
susan

The Maison Orleans and Iberville Suites are both part of the Ritz Carlton compound. The Maison Orleans is the upper tier section of the Ritz and the Iberville Suites is the lower tier. It's easy to see why those two might not compare favorably...there's a HUGE difference in price. The Iberville Suites have been running $

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:46 AM
susan

oops, sorry. I was about to say the Iberville Suites have been running (off and on) $99 rates since they opened, while Maison Orleans rates are more than the Ritz.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 07:49 AM
Bob

Ritz owns and operates Maison Orleans.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 07:58 AM
Eva

I stayed at the RC last year, and highly recommend it. They've done an amazing job transforming a tired department store into an elegant, opulent hotel. I've heard people argue that the RC lacks "New Orleans character" compared to other hotels (e.g. the Royal Sonesta), and that is true in some respects, although the character of the New Orleans landmark that was the Maison Blanche store does shine through. And while the Royal Sonesta has N.O. character in its public/common spaces, the rooms are ordinary (though the beds are luxuriously comfortable). The suite we stayed in at the Ritz (free upgrade), on the other hand, was exceptional.