Search

Bentley in New York

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Valerie

Bentley in New York

Anyone ever heard of or stayed at the Bentley Hotel in New York city? It is on the upper East Side and supposedly (based on website information) is offering really nice spacious rooms at a decent price - well at 125.00 per night, the price is definetly up my alley but I do not want this to be a case of 'you get what you pay for' kind of deal when I check in. In other words, I still want something decent for the price. Can anyone tell me about this potential great find in Big Apple?

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:36 PM
lisa

I had never been there until recently when a friend was staying there and I had an opportunity to see the lobby and her room. The lobby is very nice, well-decorated and the staff were friendly and helpful. My friend's room was decent-sized and perfectly nice. I didn't see the bathroom. She also indicated that she had gotten a great rate.

On the downside, I don't like the location at all. It is on York in the low 60's. It is very far from the subway and most tourist sites (except the UN). It is also right by the entrance/exit to the FDR -- so there is traffic roaring by at all hours.

FYI.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Valerie

Thanks for that Lisa - I have already booked it so I guess I will have to live with the hikes to the subway for 4 days (by the way, is it really that far??) - if the room is decent as you think it is, then that is some consolation

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 04:32 PM
renee

I have just returned from the Bentley, very nice hotel, rooms are comfortable and the view I had was wonderful but you haved to stay on the upper floors. The location was okay.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 04:41 PM
lisa

Valerie -- unfortunately, it is that far. The nearest subway stop is 59th and Lexington Avenue. From York to Lex is 4 avenues and each of the avenues is like 3 north to south blocks. It's not an excessive walk if you're used to walking.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 07:34 PM
Ted

Actually you can enter the 59th Street station on Third Avenue - no need to walk to Lexington.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 08:35 PM
John K

The nearest subway stop to the Bentley Hotel is at Lexington Ave. and 63rd Street. It's about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:14 PM
Elizabeth

That address IS far from the subway, probably a 15 minute walk for you. Also there is not a subway at Lexington and 63rd Street, 59th Street --which can be entered at 60th street--is the closest stop.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:24 AM
Mary

If you want to take a bus, the M31 stops accross the street on York and goes down to 57th and along 57th Street to 8th avenue. It makes all stops on the way down 57th St.