Search

Bellagio pool area

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2002, 08:53 AM
Roe

Bellagio pool area

Hi, I'm visiting Bellagio in Aug. On vacation I love to lounge by the pool in the day, How crowded does the pool area get? Is it easy to find a chair? How deep is the pool? Thanks for your comments.

Old May 21st, 2002, 09:18 AM
Diana

I'd like to know how cold the water is in the pool. I've heard it's a bit too cold for comfort.

Old May 21st, 2002, 09:40 AM
x

In August, Vegas is about 104 degrees during the day. With that kind of heat, nothing can be too cold.

Old May 21st, 2002, 09:59 AM
Boys Will Be Boys

Of course they keep it cold. I am sure men maintain it and keep the pool icy so they can see women's erect nipples!

Old May 21st, 2002, 10:05 AM
Bud Weiser

When I'm in town, the pool temp rises by 3 degrees because I drink beers all day long and pee in the pool.

Old May 21st, 2002, 10:31 AM
Carolyn

The chills come upon exiting the pool. With the EXTRA low humidity, the water evaporates very quickly; even in August (100 degress F +), I've felt chilled getting out of the pool in Vegas.

The Belligio has a bunch of pools, so it's not a problem finding a chair. Do remember that only registered guests can access the pool area. You must bring your hotel room key with you to the pool area. I enjoyed the water aerobics class that was held around 9 or 10 am in one of the pools.

For a fun indulgence, try renting a pool-side cabana. They're reserved for high rollers, but if they're not full by 9am, the hotel rents them to the "regular folk". The cost was around $100 for the day (split between the 3 of us, so it wasn't bad) and includes a waitperson. The cabanas are furnished with a TV, phone, chairs, floats. We had a blast ordering lunch and drinks throughout the day.

Old May 21st, 2002, 11:24 AM
Carmella

Can I sunbath topless at the pool?

Old May 21st, 2002, 11:32 AM
xxxx

I don't believe so.

Old May 21st, 2002, 11:48 AM
s

There are 5 pools,there always seems to be a good spot to sit,there are cabanas and pool guys to bring you things,towels etc.There is a cafe to eat and drink at.The pools are all different sizes and depths.In August in the over 110 degree heat, staying in the water or shade will be important.Also,they have fountains in a couple of the pools that are always running water so you can sit under one of those to cool off.

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:49 PM
Dan

Carmella, The answer to your question is yes. The Bellagio faithfully recreates Northern Italy, where topless sunbathing is the norm. Also note that only Bellagio hotel guests may use the pools.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:46 AM
renee

Does anyone know what the Mirage pool is like? Crowded?

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:20 AM
tom

Carmella -Caesar's Palace also has one pool where "European" sunbathing (ie topless) is permitted.