Search

Baseball Game In SF

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:22 PM
will

Baseball Game In SF

How does one get tickets for a weekend baseball game in San Francisco? Are the games easy to get to or is it a journey?

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:31 PM
LindaB

Try websites such as "sanfranciscobaseballticketsonline.com" There are several ticket sites. As to getting there, it depends on where you're coming from. The ferry from Oakland and Alameda docks right next door. Bart is within walking distance, or there's a shuttle from Bart to the ballpark. The park is fabulous! Good luck.

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:04 AM
steve

For tickets for any team, go to MLB.com (the official Major League Baseball website). I got tickets for a game in July a couple of days ago.

The only problem with booking over the web is that you rely upon the website's formula for picking the 'best' tickets. If my experience with d'back tickets is the rule, then the computer picks the closest to the field when you may (like me) prefer to be more behind the plate even if it means sitting higher in the stands. Therefore, you may want to call and speak to a real person.

Old May 29th, 2002, 08:51 AM
Susan

You can go to sfgiants.com and buy tickets either through their link to ticketmaster, or through the "double play window" where season ticket holders sell their tickets, usually at a mark up. It is also fairly easy to just get to the stadium an hour or so before the game as there are always people selling tickets. Even in the bars around the stadium you can find folks trying to unload a few extra tickets on game day. Of course, availability always depends on who they are playing and how the season is going, how close to the end it is. Don't count on finding tickets easily when they are playing the Dodgers, for instance. Also, you can buy "seatless" tickets, that allow you to walk around inside the stadium, but you have no seat assignment. This season it is easier to get tickets than it has been since the new stadium opened.

Old May 29th, 2002, 08:59 AM
kal

Alohaaa all,
Another method is just to get lucky and have somebody cancel at the last minute and give you the tickets!
Will be attending my first Giant game at PacBell tomorrow after a meeting in SF. And after some minor hassle, Mrs Kal can attend too. Wish I was as lucky at the Calif. Lottery!

May as well try P'line or Hotwire to see if we can get a hotel room for "after the after game" visit to Gordon Biersch!
Mahalo,
Kal