Bar Harbor and Ogunquit Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are heading up to Maine for 5 days, splitting our trip between Bar Harbor and Ogunquit. "We" are myself, my 50ish active parents and my 8 year old daughter. Any "must sees"?? Since we aren't there long and I don't know if we'll get back I want as much input into my planning as possible. Whale Watches, Kayaking, Memorable Resturants, Quirky shops, Quaint Streets, Interesting Historical Spots, Lighthouses, and on and on.... With such short notice I was only able to get into the Holiday Inn Bar Harbor or Harbor Side, and the Milestone in Ogunquit.... whats the bottom line on either of these properties. What other hotels should I try hard to get into, even if I compromise my dates some?? Thanks.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 01:15 PM
gyppielou

ogunquit - sea chambers.com, silverlining sailboat, lobster hut for chilidog,98 Provence for fine dining, Mikes for the fried stuff. GL

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 01:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stop for a piece of pie at the Pie In the Sky Bakery in York!
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 07:53 PM

Hurricane Restaurant at Perkin's Cove in Qgunquit is very good. Need reservations. Also be sure you take an after dinner stroll along Marginal Way accessible from left of Perkin's Cove. It is a lovely beachfront walk along rocky cliffs and in front of lovely oceanfront homes. Places to sit, too, to stare at the ocean. Really great.
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 04:40 PM

Was in Ogunquit overnight last week and stayed at Milestone -- nice size comfortable, clean rooms - nice grounds - nice pool - small hot tub but all in all more than adequate....