Search

Austin Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Austin Hotels

In the midst of planning a girls weekend trip to Austin in late October and am looking for hotel info/recommendations. We will be going into Austin for at least one day, but also thought about going there at night for dinner, etc. Other days will be spent doing different tourist things outside the downtown area. There's a big price difference in staying downtown versus in Austin South or the University area and I would appreciate input about hotel recommendations, ease of parking (if we stay outside downtown), etc. Looking to spend around $200-250/night.
Old Nov 4th, 2018, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Sadly.....didn't receive any responses to my posting, but I persevered..... Now that I'm back from Austin, I thought I'd post about what we learned. We stayed in Austin (at the Omni) and would definitely recommend the downtown area. The hotel was very conveniently located to the Book Festival (our main activity in Austin) and that also provided easy, walkable access to restaurants, shops, music, etc. Parking at the Omni was around $42/night, but SpotHero found us a place for $25 for the two nights we kept the car.
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 12:19 AM

hey there, thanks for info. actually, whenever I haven't no idea which hotel to choose, I usually browse through https://www.booking.com for feedback and reviews
Old Nov 9th, 2018, 11:41 AM

Was that good walking distance to the 6th street music venues? We (also a girls weekend trip) might have some adult beverages and close proximity to the hotel would be a plus.