Austin Airport Hotel

Search

Austin Airport Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Austin Airport Hotel

Hello! I am looking for a place to stay that is a suite that can comfortably accomodate 4 adults. I would also like the hotel to feature a complimentary airport shuttle since we will all be arriving and departing at different times. Currently, I have a reservation at the Marriott Residence Inn South (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living/kitchen area) but have not been able to find any reviews of it. What is your recommendation for the best near airport/suite accomodation in Austin? Thanks!
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 02:05 PM

There is a La Quinta Inn & Suites very close to the Austin airport. If you got 2 rooms, 4 adults would be very comfortable.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
J62

Marriot Residence in South is pretty nice. It's only 3-4 years old, so it's not yet aged. It's about 10-15min drive from the airport and the same distance to downtown. It's right on IH35, the main N-S the highway so there's nothing else around it. The LaQuinta referenced above is closer to the airport, and therefore farther from downtown through some busy traffic areas. Personally, I like the Hilton right at the airport, especially if I'm getting in late or have a very early departure and all my business is on the East side of town, but it's even farther from town. Don't think they have suites either.

There's a new Extended Stay America hotel on 6th st right downtown that's walking distance from capitol, great restaurants, town lake, etc. if you want to be closer in.

Depends on what you're planning to do in Austin I guess.

Old Apr 5th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. Part of me would like something located a little "closer to the action." The trip is for a wedding. But it seems like parking won't be too bad if we want to drive in to town for dinner? I hope?
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 07:42 AM
P_M

Parking is never a problem if you want to go downtown for dinner. The metered spaces are free outside of business hours, but on a weekend they will all be full so you will probably have to use a paid parking lot. It's not very expensive, somewhere around $5-$6.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 10:15 AM

J62 has it right. the laQuinta near the airport is quite new but away from anything - except the airport. It's about a 15 minute ride to downtown, depending on the time of day. morning rush hour towards Austin is horrendous. The Marriott is near another busy intersection that is not easily accessible, even tho it is right on I35. I would be surprised if the Marriott provided complementary airport shuttle service but you never know!

The area around the airport doesn't have a whole lot of hotels...The Hilton, practically ON the airport grounds, and the LaQuinta are the only two I can think of right now.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the local knowledge! Now it looks like we may be staying at Adams House B&B in Hyde Park (walking distance to the bride's place).
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 01:54 PM

You'll be practically right next door to the La Dolce Vita Coffee House - not only do they have great coffee, but they have about a dozen or so flavors of gelato! Cute place to hang out for an hour or so. Very quaint.

Welcome to Austin!