Reload this Page >

Attractions in Chicago?

Search

Attractions in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Andrew

Attractions in Chicago?

I am visiting Chicago in June, any suggestions on attraction i can visit? are there good restaurants in town? thanks

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:36 AM
skyscraper lady

Andrew-you need to tell us what you are interested in,how long you are staying,where you are from so that we can recommend things to you.Chicago is known as one of the best and most diversified restaurant towns. We have fabulous museums,shopping,nightlife,gorgeous waterfront,etc. so give us some more information and perhaps we can help you?

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:35 AM
michael

That's almost like asking "I'm coming to the USA for the first time. Do you have good food and fun places to visit over there?"
Need some specifics Andrew.
The answer to your question, as broad as it is, would entail way too much info.

Old May 16th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Andrew

Hey:
thank you for your replies. I am 18 years old and im visiting chicago in june with my family. I'll be staying in the intercontinental hotel (is it a good one?). Im planning to stay for a week and im also planning to visit milwaukee (any suggestions there?). im looking for fun places, for interesting places. we like everything.
thanks
andrew

Old May 16th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Chicagoan

Damn, Andrew...I'll bet you write one hell of a book report. "I liked this bood because it was fun and interesting." Do you like baseball? if so, go to Wrigley Field & see a Cub game. How about museums? Check out the Museum of Science & Industry and the Field Museum - just two of many in town. Pizza lover? You've got to try it here - do a search on this site for the best Chicago pizza. Take a boat ride either on the lake or the Chicago river. Stroll over to Navy Pier.

Old May 16th, 2002, 12:38 PM
andrew

merci beaucoup.
I appreciate your reply. I love sports and i will definitely be going there. Now, how is the Intercontinental hotel? Is it good?

Old May 16th, 2002, 01:00 PM
andrew

merci beaucoup.
I appreciate your reply. I love sports and i will definitely be going there. Now, how is the Intercontinental hotel? Is it good?

Old May 21st, 2002, 01:27 PM
Lisa

Intercontinental is a great hotel...location right on Mich. Ave..They recently renovated the property..

Old May 21st, 2002, 02:06 PM
marilyn

Andrew, you seem like the right age group to want to see the Real World house--they are currently in Chicago. The Brewers in Milwaukee also have a nice ballpark. Be sure to visit Navy Pier, I think they have added some new rides.

My relatives in your age group like the California Pizza Kitchen aznd PF Chang's, both just west of Michigan Avenue near your hotel. (Yes, I know they are chains.)

Old May 21st, 2002, 02:28 PM
Susan

Marilyn, Real World isn't live -- they left at the end of September and all the items in the house were auctioned off.

Old May 21st, 2002, 06:46 PM
tej

You ask a BIG question! Did you know that books are written on what you ask? It all depends on how long you're staying, what you're interested in... etc., etc., Let me give you a place to start looking. Go to www.metromix.com
This is the best site on the web for Chicago visit. Enjoy!