Atlanta Help

Mar 5th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Pam

Atlanta Help

Hello I will be traveling to Atlanta in April to work market there. I am staying in Duluth ( because my husband is there on a project so hotel is free ). I was wondering about how much time to allow for traffic in and out of Atlanta? I would be traveling from Duluth to central part of Atlanta. Thanks

Mar 5th, 2002, 01:54 PM
RB

If you're working market downtown, would your hours allow you to ride the MARTA train? You could drive from Duluth to Doraville, park your car, and take the Northeast Line down (think it's the Peachtree Center stop for the Mart; check it out on itsmarta.com) Figure about 22 minutes for this train ride. The combination of traffic, unfamiliarity with downtown and downtown parking hassles would make MARTA very attractive. Hope this is helpful.

Mar 5th, 2002, 04:50 PM
GatorGirl

Pam,

Use Marta if you can. Driving here is insane on a good day and makes perfectly sane normal people act like they have lost their minds on a bad day. It will take you a good while to commute from Duluth by car even during "non rush hours" if we actually have such a thing. I don't want to scare you but if you aren't used to traffic like ours it can make for a horrible experience.

Mar 27th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Holly

Assuming that you are staying somewhere off of Pleasant Hill, to get into/out of downtown will take you 1 1/2 hours, if you are leaving any time before 9:30am, or after 4pm. It's a straight shot down I-85, and it backs up between 316 and Jimmy Carter, and again at mid-town.

Hope this helps - no one else posted times, just recommended Marta.

Mar 30th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Mike

Don't ride MARTA unless you only want to go to Underground, Lenox Mall, CNN, and the few other places MARTA goes to. It's better to take a car although downtown is confusing to drive around.

Mar 31st, 2002, 02:23 PM
itsme

I work at the mart and I highly recommend that you take Marta. It's easier on the nerves driving when you don't really have to is insane. As someone stated before, get off at the Peachtree Center station, go up one set of escalators and take the elevator up to the street level. The mart will be 1/4 of a block up the street. Good Luck!

Apr 8th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Pam

Thank you I will definitely check things out! Can't wait to come to Atlanta!

Jul 3rd, 2002, 01:41 PM
LM

what is market/mart?