Aston Mahana at Kaanapali

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying here in September, has anyone stayed at this hotel before? Also, what time is sunset, so I can make dinner reservations.
Thanks!
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:51 PM

I do know that it is not on Kaanapali Beach though it may be in Kaanapali. It's actually in Honokowai which is north of the Kaanapali Beach area. Pretty close to the ocean so if you get a room on the ocean side you'll be right there!
Find your sunrise sunset times here:

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:22 PM

We've stayed at the Mahana 6 times and all visits were great. Can't tell you about sunset as we always have been there in the spring.

The place is slightly north of Ka'anapoli, in Honokowai (no problem with location tho,it's excellent). ALL the condo units face the ocean, you will never get a unit that does not have an ocean view (and views are to die for!!). All units have lanai's. Some one bedroom units have 2 bathrooms (not a lot of them, only certain numbered ones, I think they end in 05 - we had them twice). Otherwise 1 bedrooms have one bath. Two bedroom units have 2 baths. All have washer & dryers, dishwashers, microwaves, coffe makers, dishes/silverware, etc. We have always gotten a re-modeled/updated unit, but you need to ask at checkin about that. I'd go take a look first to be sure if this is important to you. The front desk has always been very nice.

All units are individually owned so decor/furniture can vary greatly.

The pool is small and the beach in front of the place is narrow, BUT just walk a few feet to the left and you are on a lovely beach. You can also walk all the way down to a public park if you are in the mood for beach walking.

Stores are close by for groceries, etc. The actual location is very good as you are slightly away from the hustle and bustle of Ka'anapoli itself, but minutes away from everything in actuality. Lahaina is about 7-8 miles down the road. If you have a Safeway card I'd recommend the Safeway at the Cannery Mall if you want to get some food to keep in the apt.

I hope you enjoy your visit to Maui,it's a wonderful place.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:24 PM

oops, forgot to mention, we always had daily maid service too and the condos are all air-conditioned. We never needed the a/c at night, but sometimes when the sun was going down it would be warm in the apt.The windows all face the west and the setting sun.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 05:31 PM

Reservations....there is no better place in the world to watch a sunset than right out your living room window...that is unless it's the bedroom window.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 06:58 AM

Thanks so much, have never posted before and this is really helpful!!