Search

Asheville, NC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Kathy

Asheville, NC

Looking for a place to stay in Asheville or the vicinity. Has anyone any information on Highland Lake Inn, located just south of Asheville?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Danna

I really like Highland Lake Inn. I have never stayed there ( I live 30 min away), but I had Sunday brunch there last week, and it's very nice. They have a vegetable and herb garden that one can stroll through, also they raise Beefalo, goats, chickens, etc. It is a complex of guest rooms, convention center, etc. on a large piece of property with a small lake. It kind-of has an old-fashioned feel.

How long are you staying, and what else do you plan to do? It will take you maybe 25 minutes to go to Asheville from there, so if your trip is specifically to see Asheville, then I'm not sure I would recommend it. But if you are just looking for a great mountain vacation spot, I think you will like it.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Christy

If you don't mind an alternate suggestion, I can recommend the Haywood Park Hotel in downtown Asheville. Property is a converted department store, every room is huge! Rates not cheap, but worth the stay for a special occasion. Husband and I have stayed there twice, October 1999 and most recently April 2001. Within walking distance of several great bistros for lunch or dinner. Also, I remember a pastry shop across the street, all selections displayed on silver trays - a perfect stop before retiring for the night. Suggest to pack ear plugs as the street traffic can be noisy.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Serena

Friends of mine were in Asheville recently and they stayed at an inn connected with the Biltmore Estate. They said it was lovely and the food was delicous. You might check out the Biltmore web site for information on this. They got a pkg. deal including meals. Also The Greystone Inn in Asheville is another option, if it is in operation.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 06:16 AM
roger

I second Serenas suggestion: you might also consider a rental (available thru Realestate-bg.com) We have a vacation home in Franklin, They are great! Asheville is a great city most of the nicer places can be booked in the summer.