Search

B&B Asheville, NC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 09:34 AM
randi levinas

B&B Asheville, NC

My husband and I are looking for a reasonably priced yet romantic B&B for a couple of nights while we attend a formal dinner for some friends at the Grove Park Inn. Grove Park Inn seems not only too big and convention like, but it is also a bit pricey for us. Any suggestions?

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 11:14 AM
sluggo

The message board on bedandbreakfast.com might give you some leads. In May, we're staying at Windsong in nearby Clyde, which I picked after seeing enthusiastic recommendations on this board.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 01:50 PM
RB

We enjoy staying in Bryson City at the Folkestone Inn- but that may be more of a drive than you care to do- it's about an hour from Asheville. A closer alternative might be the Red Rocker Inn in Black Mountain, about 20 miles out. We've not stayed there, but we've enjoyed two wonderful meals there, and Black Mountain has some nice shops. There are other B&Bs in Asheville; it's just that I like these two places. Look at www.folkestoneinn.com and www.redrockerinn.com.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 01:07 PM
Western Carolina Girl

If you are going to be in Asheville, there is a close B&B in Balsam North carolina about 30-45 minutes west toward Western Carolina University. It is secluded, romantic, and reasonably priced. Relatives from out of town that would visit me at school loved it there. The breakfast is great, try the homemade french toast, the rooms are quiet comfortable and cozy, and the staff is very friendly. It's definitely worth the trip.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:07 AM
danna

I noticed that everyone is giving you suggestions for B&B's a good distance outside Asheville. There are GOBS of B&B's much closer/in town. I know there is a web site devoted to such, cant remember exactly the name. Have fun, I agree with you about the Grove Park, you will get all the ambiance you need at the party. Have fun!

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 10:26 AM
c covington

My favorite b and b is the Richmond Hill inn in Asheville. The food, the gardens,the ambiance of the old house is worth spending a little extra. My husband and I have stayed here 3 or 4 times and have always had a wonderful time. Didn't like the Grove Park Inn but hear their new spa is tops. Richmond Hill is rated 4 diamonds--like I said it is truly worth the extra money--plus it not far from the Grove Park. Enjoy Asheville

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Cathie

http://www.asheville.com/lodging/bed-breakfasts.html

Check out this website.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Nicole

We stayed at the Cumberland Falls Inn in Asheville in 1999 and loved it (http://www.cumberlandfalls.com/). Very nicely furnished, elegant and romantic. It is in the historic Montford area of Asheville, where many B&Bs are located. If I remember correctly their rooms were in the $150-200+ price range. This is more than we usually like to spend, but B&Bs in Asheville all tend to be in this price range for some reason.