Asheville or Inn at Blackberry Farm?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to take my husband away for a weekend. Mondy is not an object. Which one of these places is nicer? I wanted to visit Asheville, but am getting too many mixed reviews about loding there. The Inn at Blackberry sounds fantastic. Would I be missing out on Asheville, though?
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 10:59 AM

There are many wonderful places in Asheville to stay. Some great B&B's, a couple of nice hotels.
Which places are you concerned about as far as lodging in Asheville?
The Haywood Park Hotel in downtown Asheville is very nice. There is also a
Renaissance Hotel very close to downtown. While not luxury, the rooms are very nice.
I've been going to Asheville a couple of time a year for the last 6 years and have had hit a few bad places, but the majority are great.
If you are interested I can give you a list of the B&B's we've stayed in.
Asheville is a great place with plenty to see and do. One of my favorite places to visit in the US.
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 11:05 AM

Stay at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville. Very romantic with beautiful scenery. Take a carriage ride to downtown.
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 12:35 PM
iceeu2

Are you speaking of The Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee? If so, haven't been, but one of our fly fishing guides speaks very highly of it.

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 12:56 PM
GoTravel

Shari, you do realize you are talking about traveling to a specific hotel in Tennessee and a city in North Carolina right? I would go to Asheville and stay at the Grove Park Inn and check out the new spa.

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 04:24 PM

The Inn at Blackberry Farms, now called just Blackberry Farm, is incomparable. It's been a few years since I was last there (been twice), but utterly loved it. For lovely surroundings, great food and attentive service I've never found anyplace to compare. And if you're looking for romantic, that's the place.
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 07:08 PM

Ashville is an interesting, attractive town. There are some nice art galleries, shops and places to eat.
Blackberry Farm is a destination unto itself. It is very luxurious and would work if you're looking to be pampered but you'd pretty much want to stay on the property.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 01:54 PM

Asheville is a wonderfull city to visit and the surrounding area is also great. If money is no object, you may want to try the Inn on Biltmore Estate or Richmond Hill, both are Mobil 4 star hotels and Richmond Hill is also highly rated for their dining.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 03:51 PM
iceeu2

Since money is no object, I would definitely do The Blackberry Farm. Then do Asheville for a couple of days if you want to do The Biltmore, etc.